TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking and haven't had any luck. does anybody know if there is a hood like the cervini's mach 1 for the 89-93 birds that is meant for a 94/95??? thanks, Dave

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
:gotsearch

Its been asked a few times now. A simple search would have answered your question, but since I'm not going to be a complete ahole heres the link.

http://supercoupeperformance.com/

Just search on that site now.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that doesn't help. while there is the 89-93 hood like i mentioned before that doesn't help me find one for the 94/95. i don't want the 3.5" ram air hood. just the 1.5 old school mach 1. if this hood doesn't exist is it possible to modify the 89-93 to work with the 94/95 headlights and grill??

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
From what I've seen, there isn't a Mach 1 hood for the 94/95 cars (although I wish there was one like it for the 96/97 cars). The closest I've seen is the Cobra R hood with the scoops on it. If you'd want to modify it, I'd just talk to a body shop about it. I wouldn't know how feasible it is though since the 94-95 hood looks a bit "curvier". Then again, body work isn't my forte.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
coggonobrien said:
that doesn't help. while there is the 89-93 hood like i mentioned before that doesn't help me find one for the 94/95. i don't want the 3.5" ram air hood. just the 1.5 old school mach 1. if this hood doesn't exist is it possible to modify the 89-93 to work with the 94/95 headlights and grill??
want the short answer? A Cervini Mach1 wont fit a 94/95 car. The front of the hood extends out further and doesnt have the blunt curve the 93 and older cars have. Do search, someone has posted the fitment differentces.

joseph

·
Registered
859 Posts
Lonnie has used a Cervinis Mach 1 hood on a 89-93 Bird with a 96/7 headlight (not bumper) conversion. He had Cervinis leave the front edge of the hood unfinished, and trimmed it out to match the curve of the headlights.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anybody know if the latch assemblies are the same?? at location wise. if they are then it should theoritically be just a matter of trim off the extra fiber glass on the early mn-12 hood to fit the newer bumper and headlights

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think that the Mustang Mach 1 "Shaker" hoods would be awsome adn kinds different

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like those too but the biggest thing i don't like about the new ones is that they feed into the airbox rather then ramming it down the throttle body

·
Registered
15 Posts
George Davenport, a admin guy over at SCCOA, fit an early cervinis hood to late model lights and bumper. You might contact him to see how much the pain factor was. It looked great.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Anyone think I should rig mine when i'm done doing a card swap, to put a shaker in?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts