TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with any machine shops in Tucson? I want (really need) to take in the aluminum crossover on the PI intake and get the second hole drilled and tapped for the coolant sensor. I wasn't able to find a NPI aluminum crossover in the salvage yards I checked, well, I found one but they wanted me to buy the entire engine.

I probably could do it myself, but I want the car back together for a little while to drive while I wait for the PI cams to come in (shipping out on Monday 10-17). I have never really dealt with any machine shops (or any shops for that matter) in well over 10 years. I was going to call around, tell them I have an aluminum crossover with a flat spot designed for the sensor, and need it drilled and tapped to 3/8 NPT threading, and see how it goes. I take my rotors and flywheels to Merles, I don't know if they would do anything like that or not.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Its not in Tucson, but check out www.bisbeeprecisionmachine.com

This is a shameless plug, because its my dad's machine shop. If you cant find anything local, shoot him an e-mail. I may be headed down there next weekend, and its possible that I could deliver and return the part. I'm afraid I cant offer any discounts, sorry man :) hes a reasonable guy though. And its only a drill and tap.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer, and a trip to Bisbee anytime is nice. For 15 bucks a place I found is charging me, and being able to pick it up Saturday morning, I will go with them. Your dads shop looks like it turns out some real quality work!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the crossover drilled and tapped. 20 bucks was worth it since I would have to buy a drill bit and the tap, and a handle for a tap that large.

They did an okay job. It isn't straight, which I don't understand, since there is a flat spot and it is parallel with the the other machined surface on the other side, but it is already on the car, waiting 24 hours for the RTV to cure is killing me, but I will do it since I have another vehicle to drive. I have to fill it coolant, put in the thermostat and the heater hose at the rear of the intake, and drive drive drive (unless it leaks leaks leaks).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts