TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[RANT] I am so tired of this! I am working on a 06 Mustang with front strut mount noise. I found a TSB where you replace the stock mounts with 8r3z-18183-B Mounts. I bought some of the FRPP 2011 GT500 Mounts. Turns out, those are the same as the stock ones, which are 5r3z-18183-a, iirc.

I, being the moron that I am, ordered front strut mounts from the dealer assuming that they would be the updated parts. Here is where I messed up: I didnt ask to make sure. I got the mounts in, they looked just like the GT500 mounts, I noticed less play in the bearing of the strut mount than the almost new GT500 mounts I had just removed. I installed the 5r3z-18183-a mounts and the clunk persists.

I called the dealer back and asked if the mounts were the updated parts in the TSB. He explained to me that "I dont get TSB information in my catalog." That and "TSB information would only be available to techs in the shop," which is understandable and not his fault. Also it turns out that I cant return these POS parts since I have already installed them, so I can now only try to sell them for whatever I can get to help re-coup my losses.

I gave him the updated number and he gave me a price and asked if I wanted to get them, I told him I dont know and hung up because I was getting so mad. I know I am really the stupid one here, but I would expect anyone could understand why I feel like this. I ordered the right parts from my motorcraft dealer and they were even cheaper than Ford, so at least there was one ray of sunshine today.

My biggest gripe is that they are still selling a part that is a known POS while an update is available, you just have to be sly enough to order it (read the TSB and accept that "this noise is part of normal operation of this vehicle" and you can order the new mounts to "help" with the problem). I know that they are just trying to clear out all of the POS parts so they can supercede it later with the newer one. I am very disappointed about this. I'm also disappointed about the leaking transmission connector on my dads 09 f-150 (6r80 trans) which is on backorder. I have seen threads online from 2010 where this part is on backorder. What is so hard about getting parts made? [/RANT]

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Gotta get rid of that old stock, man!

Sorry, couldn't resist.....

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
IN this economy Im not surprised. Like Netkey said they are dumping the old stock. Something to think about...

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know is I learned the hard way...parts from the dealer are not necessarily the updated version, unless it has been superceded. I'm going to do everything I can to not let this happen again :)

Forgot to mention, I am going to do a side by side thing later when I get the updated parts and then I'm going to warn people about it :) You would think the 2011 gt500 mounts would be the same as the 08+ s197, but nope, its just their crappy predecessor that come 2 to a box instead of 1. Thanks for the replies though, the day went much better after this. I suppose we all need to vent sometimes.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer. I am sure they keep you guys plenty busy though. I also lost your phone number when my sim card crashed. I finally did something I thought I never would and got an iphone 3gs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts