TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after trying to find a EGR tube for my PI swapped 94 T-Bird with no results I decided to get creative. I used parts of a EGR tube from a explorer and a T-bird along with a torch and some mig welding. Got everything together and after driving for a wile I checked the readiness monitors and the EGR completed its test!

Anyway, how close does this look to a original 96-97 EGR tube?

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
That looks pretty good!

I hope someone starts making these again; every time I take mine loose, I feel like I'm going to break it...

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well.. I was close. everything is working like it should. All I have left with this EGR setup is the proper bracket for the right coil and EGR solenoid and the bracket for the DPFE sensor.

right now I have the DPFE sheet metal screwed to the firewall and the solenoid bolted to the front with 1 bolt.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never used the bracket for the DPFE, I just let it hang. Did so for years without issue actually.

I recently replaced it with a much smaller and lighter one from a 02 explorer and they're actually mounted loose from the factory.
I know it will work fine the way it is, I just want to make everything look neat and tidy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts