TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the harness with the 6 pinouts so I can integrate the IAT sensor from the '03 MAF instead of having my old one just hanging somewhere. It took a little while, and some trial and error (the Ford manual has the wiring reversed). The first time I just tied the wires together and it ran fine at idle, but pressing the accelerator made it sputter and I could smell gas. I thought it was a bad connection, so I checked them and started it again with the same problems. Looking at the directions, then at my old MAF harness which I cut off, I noticed wires 2-5 were reversed. I fixed those connections and heat shrunk the wires and all is good. You'll notice in the picture all of the wires are white (unlabeled). I was also able to cut off the little tab from the MAF end of the filter and rotate the MAF assembly so it sits on top and not down on the side.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I did the same thing with the little tab on the airbox when I was in Chicago. Someone joked that it was a great photo op as I sat there with a hack saw while someone else asked what the hell I was doing and said that would make it not seal right. Well, it still seals fine, I am just not guaranteed that I will get it in there in the same orientation every time. But the Mustang orientation really sucked in a Thunderbird. Especially with the hard plastic Mark VIII intake tube sticking as far forward as it does limiting the space I have to work with in there a little tighter than it is with a 2V engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts