TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was looking to get an 02 GT MAF. Did a search, but couldn't come up with everything I would need. I have a 93 Mark VIII engine in a 94 T-Bird. Do I need a new wire harness for the MAF and a MAF adapter? I have a S+B filter so I wont be getting the airbox (Don't know if it would fit in there). Just wondering what I would need to put this on my car (besides a chip reburn). Thanks guys

- Mark

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Your stock harness will work for the MAF,you just won't have the built-in ACT function-you'll have to keep your external one hooked up.Or like John said-you can get the repair haness and splice in the ACT,and clean up the engine bay a bit.
JL

·
Registered
803 Posts
I would make sure the stock harness will fit. The connector changed on the TBirds in '96 I think. My '95s would not fit later MAFs and needed the correct one.

·
3,232 Posts
RichardM said:
I would make sure the stock harness will fit. The connector changed on the TBirds in '96 I think. My '95s would not fit later MAFs and needed the correct one.
Yeah,you're right Richard...I could have sworn I read '97 under his username....
JL

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Johnny Langton said:

Yeah,you're right Richard...I could have sworn I read '97 under his username....
JL
I was thinkin the same thing and looked back and see it says "Posts: 97" right above "Year: 1994"

My eyes read "Year: 97"... oops..

-mike

·
3,232 Posts
96 GoldBird said:

I was thinkin the same thing and looked back and see it says "Posts: 97" right above "Year: 1994"

My eyes read "Year: 97"... oops..

-mike
I guess that's what happens when you're up before the sun is to check the boards before work.
JL

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Johnny Langton said:

I guess that's what happens when you're up before the sun is to check the boards before work.
JL
... or after drivin' 8 hours in one shot from Georgia... :D

-mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts