TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would i expect to pay for a 94-95 stock 70mm tbird MAF? I have reason to believe that mine is damaged and i need to replace it. Any places selling them cheap?

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Annihilator said:
How much would i expect to pay for a 94-95 stock 70mm tbird MAF? I have reason to believe that mine is damaged and i need to replace it. Any places selling them cheap?
If you need one in a pinch, Autozone's website indicates they are "in-stock" items. Price is under $100, plus a $60 core charge (www.autozone.com).

Advance Auto Parts lists one for $100, $50 core charge, but doesn't say if it's in-store or not (www.advanceautoparts.com).

Core charge is refunded when you return the faulty MAF sensor.

If you go with one of the above, make sure you transplant the rubber seal/gasket that's inside the MAF electrical connector. The replacements don't necessarily come with that "gasket."

Good luck to you.

--Pete

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
5-Star sold me a new one for $149, a couple of years back.

The Advance Auto ones $uck, went through two to get one that worked. Lasted one year. They do not look the same as the Ford original MAF.

The MAF is a very important part to your car, so why go cheap? This is one thing you shouldn't skimp on.

And I am speaking from my own experience with the "cheapies"

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have a new 01 GT maff that I can sell it to you.... Let me know if you are interested..

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
You folks who are recomending a larger one also need to remember he will need a chip burned for it to work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a stock 94-95 mas I will sell you for $50, if you pay shiping.
Its about 4 months old, balt new from ford 135.50 (my girlfriends dads price, he workes for ford in parts)
FASTFORD!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
$45.00 and i will pay for shipping:D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I was told by Firestone it would be about $300 to replace the MAF(S). They said that the part is $90 and the labor would be about $190 after I asked. I am gonna try to clean the one that's on there first to see if that helps. Right now it's unplugged, but the car is running great still.

What electrical cleaner do I need? Someone told me I should get "B12". What is that? Sounds too much like a vitamin.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
$190 labor??? It should take less than 20 minutes to remove, clean, and reinstall the MAF sensor. I'd recommend NOT having Firestone replace the sensor for you if they're charging that much.

I followed this article for cleaning the MAF sensor, using the electrical cleaner generally available at auto parts stores. One brand available is CRC, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
IronChopz said:
$190 labor??? It should take less than 20 minutes to remove, clean, and reinstall the MAF sensor. I'd recommend NOT having Firestone replace the sensor for you if they're charging that much.
Yeah, I agree. iirc, they were talking about replacing the whole thing, MAF/MAF(S). Maybe that's why it was so much. But still, that's a little overkill right?
I followed this article for cleaning the MAF sensor, using the electrical cleaner generally available at auto parts stores. One brand available is CRC, if I recall correctly.
That article mentions certain chemical compounds to get and which ones not to use. BUT unfortunately, parts stores sell brand-name packaged products, not chemicals. Also, it needs to be updated. I went to order that torx tool or whatever, and the Web site (http://www.mytoolstore.com/sk/sk99043.html) said it was for an old catalog. I don't even know what to look for in the new catalog. Does anyone have a new link to the right tool to get? An identifying pic? Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found it online. Sorry

http://www.mytoolstore.com/sk/sk03095.html

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
4point6r0x0rz said:
Yeah, I agree. iirc, they were talking about replacing the whole thing, MAF/MAF(S). Maybe that's why it was so much. But still, that's a little overkill right?
Yeah, that's very overkill. Not even a 20 minute job. You can put the thing in yourself, it's pretty easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts