TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting code P0102 - Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input. The car idles very oddly, and often dies under light throttle.

Reading the info on the MAF technical article page, it shows the voltage between terminals A/B and C/D should be 10.5V and 0.34-1.96V respectively. My readings show voltage of 14.33V between A/B and 5.43V between C/D. Brand new multimeter.

Eh ... am I retarded or wouldn't "Low Input" mean lower voltage than normal?

·
W&S Motorsports
161 Posts
birdman said:
I'm getting code P0102 - Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input. The car idles very oddly, and often dies under light throttle.

Reading the info on the MAF technical article page, it shows the voltage between terminals A/B and C/D should be 10.5V and 0.34-1.96V respectively. My readings show voltage of 14.33V between A/B and 5.43V between C/D. Brand new multimeter.

Eh ... am I retarded or wouldn't "Low Input" mean lower voltage than normal?
I am not sure why it is reading high on a voltmeter and low in the EEC, but it seems to indicate broken wires or the connector on the MAF , or the connector on the MAF not fully engaged , oxidised grounding contacts down by the EEC, bad EEC contacts.

There are 2 grounding connctors screwed to the bottom of the A pillar make sure that they are not too heavily corroded.
Bad EEC contacts pins/sockets are probably not likely.

Are you leaking water in all over the EEC? Pull the passengers side kick panel off and check.

If everthing checks out with the new Ohmeter you may need to get a new MAF or a recycled EEC.....Eh

Ton.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts