TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I split the Oil filter adapter last week while installing the oil pressure sender, I also cleaned the MAF after I put the new adapter on. Now the car actually gets WORSE mileage than it dod before... and, yes, the PCM has been reset- twice (once from disconnecting the battery to get to the bottom of the coolant resivoir, and once using the OBD-II Software). It has run all of it's I/M tests. What was wierd, though, was after cleaning the MAF, the tests completed differently. Before, when I ran the tests, The EGR test completed quickly, the O2 Sensor and O2 Sensor Heater tests didn't complete until after I did the cruise between 30-40Mph holding the throttle steady for 1 min, and the Catalyst monitor completed after cruising 40-65Mph holding the throttle steady for 1 min 20 sec. Now, it completed the O2 tests before I even got to the sit for 45 sec and accelerate at part throttle to near 45Mph part... Then all that was left was the Catalyst monitor, which completed after the 40-65 part. I did this twice (the first time, I had just finished the drive in "stop and go" traffic for 10 min, and saw they where complete, and thought there is NO way that they're done, so I re-set the PCM using the PC Interface, and did it again, with the same results) Any ideas why it is completing differently?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts