TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i put the 76mm MAF in, when i floored it the car felt like it was being bogged down or something, but after about 2500 RPM's it doesn't do it anymore. i checked all the clamps and wiring and everything is fine. could someone tell me whats wrong?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
ummmmm is it an aftermarket MAF or a stock new oem one?? If its a new one you have to reset the computer for the car to adjust to the new MAF. If its an aftermarket one i believe it needs to be tuned for it via chip

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a C&L 76mm, so it's already programmed for the injectors i have. i have no idea whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
try resetting the computer i think its fuse 13 in the box under the hood or take the posotive battery cable off and let it sit for a bit same if u do the fuse

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i could be wrong but......isnt the eec supposed to be programed for the maf transfer functions instead of the maf being programed for the injectors? i could have swore i saw some other posts on here about people having trouble with them c&l's.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
assuming your car is stock, your stock MAF is fine for the power you're making.........yea yea i know...im not attempting to solve your problem, but you could have spent the money you spent on the C&L on something actually useful like a transmission cooler

FordFanatic said:
i could be wrong but......isnt the eec supposed to be programed for the maf transfer functions instead of the maf being programed for the injectors? i could have swore i saw some other posts on here about people having trouble with them c&l's.
very true FordFanatic.......when the airflow-voltage signal to the EEC is altered to compensate for a certain injector size, the Load as the computer sees it becomes incorrect, and certain calculations the EEC performs using the load value will now be skewed, possibly showing up as drivability problems....i dont know if that is going on, but its a possibility

Induction Blues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts