TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MAF sensor has the following numbers on it :

#F4SF-12B579-AA [AFH70-02A] {4H27}

The MAF was replaced by the previous owner , or so he said , I have a receipt that he gave me when I purchased the car that has the numbers :

#F4SZ-12B579-AARM

Both of these numbers show up as a stock MAF sensor for a 94/95 Thunderbird , he said that he had put in a larger MAF sensor , when I measure the I.D. of the sensor at the intake ( K&N Cone Filter ) , I come up with 80mm I.D. , when reading through the threads on the site I keep coming across 70mm size , and a modification of an 80 mm Lighting MAF , does it appear that he just increased the body size of the MAF , or am I missing something and this is normal , the sensor appears to fit correct and look stock.

Thank You in Advance :confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
post pics

what you're saying doesn't make sense.

you say it's "your" maf sensor, but then you say it was replaced by the previous owner......sooooo how do you have the first one, if it was replaced on the car before you even bought the car?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try to get some pics posted tonight , I just learned the other day that I was able to do this , but I'm assuming by your reply that a 80mm bore size don't seem wright for the body. BTW your engine build is looking good , it's going to be a very good learning thread.

·
Registered
966 Posts
post pics

what you're saying doesn't make sense.

you say it's "your" maf sensor, but then you say it was replaced by the previous owner......sooooo how do you have the first one, if it was replaced on the car before you even bought the car?
You must have read incorrectly. The MAF that he currently has on his car is #F4SF-12B579-AA [AFH70-02A] {4H27} . The previous owner claims he replaced the MAF, and has a receipt for the MAF sensor, which was #F4SZ-12B579-AARM .

Now OP is confused because the guy he bought it from claimed that he got a larger MAF, which is apparent with the 80mm inside diameter.

From what I can see, the guy bought the 80mm MAF housing (I don't think thats it name) and stuck the stock MAF back into the car instead of a new one.

As to why it looks so stock is probably because the MAF housing is the only thing that changed, and it shouldn't look any different.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
You must have read incorrectly. The MAF that he currently has on his car is #F4SF-12B579-AA [AFH70-02A] {4H27} . The previous owner claims he replaced the MAF, and has a receipt for the MAF sensor, which was #F4SZ-12B579-AARM .

Now OP is confused because the guy he bought it from claimed that he got a larger MAF, which is apparent with the 80mm inside diameter.

From what I can see, the guy bought the 80mm MAF housing (I don't think thats it name) and stuck the stock MAF back into the car instead of a new one.

As to why it looks so stock is probably because the MAF housing is the only thing that changed, and it shouldn't look any different.
Yea I must have read that wrong the first time. So the number on the receipt is F4SZ-12B579-AARM, yet the actual maf meter has F4SF-12B579-AA [AFH70-02A] {4H27} stamped on it, correct?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes , that is correct.[URL=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Csqr/media/DSCN0050_zpscc085c8c.jpg.html][IMG]

[IMG][URL=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Csqr/media/9eb33c8f-7eb4-4362-8ab5-711219e61e16_zps78123e4b.jpg.html][IMG]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It also seems that I need to read how to post pictures again ? But yes the I.D. is 80mm with stock part number. I assume this is not normal ? What shall I tell the tuner ? Or should I just get a stock MAF body ?

·
Registered
966 Posts
On photobucket just click the IMG link and post directly into the forum no IMG tags needed on those

Anywho, it appears it's a reman MAF with a bigger housing. The housing has nothing to do with the actual MAF in terms of if it will fit. But it will mess up the tune. Tell the tuner you have a 80MM maf housing. I don't think the MAF itself matters.

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
You MAY want to try again - Photobucket can't find those pictures.

What I DO find is:

and

Try just copying the IMG imbed code and seeing if that doesn't work for you better. I trimmed the URL - /URL portion off to paste the image here.

Or, on your first attempt, take the ".html" off the end of it.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
As for pictures,

click this link once, and it will be copied to your clipboard, which you can then paste immediately into most forums

Alternatively, you can set-up your photobucket options to display the links on the gallery itself. Here you have to single-click to highlight the link, then right-click and copy in order to copy it to the clipboard.

As for the MAF, that looks like a completely stock sized MAF. (A lot of remanufacturers can obtain the MAF meter and replace the electronics, or they may even commission a MAF manufacturer to create original stampings for their remanufactured units.) Let me tell you why. The proper "size" when referring to MAF housings is not the opening/closing diameters most of the time----it is the smallest diameter inside the housing that determines it's size. If you were to take a bore-gauge and measure the bore diameter right in the middle, you'd see 2.756", or about 70mm.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So...I took a set of inside spring calipers and measured the MAF , indeed it does neck down to 70mm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts