TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if my MAF sensor is dirty or bad will it cause my engine light to come on??

Jay

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u sure...cause this other guy thats been helpin me out alot on here said that it wouldnt cause my engine light to come on but it could effect other thing and make it come on

Jay

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes...

Yes...that was me who said that...I never seen an MAF cause a engine light to come on only because of it being dirty...but if it was dirty enough, it would cause your computer to get the wrong reading causing you to get an engine light.
which basically means yes...i think i just confused you...sorry

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well so far i have replaces my TPS sensor...IAC sensor........my car was runing great until i had to put new valve cover gaskets and transmissin filter on it....then i degreased my motor and hosed it off i even covered up everything i was supposed to....

Jay

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks BeirutsFinest im way to easy to confuse whan it comes to motors...im more of a car audio kinda guy!!!

Jay

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think

Hold on...i think you should just slow down for a sec...this could be a very minor problem, drive your car around a few times (2 days) and give it some time to dry...i think you just got something a little moist or wet.
it happens, sometimes your car will fix itself

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok ill do that and see what happens and hopefully it will fix itself!!...im gettin tired of sinkin money into my car!!!..its killin me..haha

Jay

ill let you know what happens in a few day...ur a great help man thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why don't you take a look at your maf. There's a tiny wire runing though it, if it's broke you'll get a check engine light. If it's dirty your car will run like ****, which will in turn make something else throw a code.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok ill check that tomorrow and get back to you on that one....i just hope its something simple!!my car is killin my college money!!

Jay

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
Get the codes read

Instead of just second guessing what your problem might be, take it somewhere and have the codes read. AutoZone I hear does it for free. Then you'll have a better idea what the problem is.

Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts