TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering a few things about a bigger MAF...first how big is the stock MAF on a 97 tbird 4.6. i am thinking about getting a bigger one like a 73 or 76mm one....is this worth the money and gains that i will get???? im not sure if i want to spend about $160+ on just a MAF. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
smokymance said:
just wondering a few things about a bigger MAF...first how big is the stock MAF on a 97 tbird 4.6. i am thinking about getting a bigger one like a 73 or 76mm one....is this worth the money and gains that i will get???? im not sure if i want to spend about $160+ on just a MAF. thanks a lot.
Stock is 70mm. Your not looking at $160 for a MAF, your looking at this plus the cost of a chip. A larger MAF won't do you any good without getting a chip to take advantage of the increased air flow. Chips start around $300, recommendations are Apten, Fordchip and Reinhart Automotive.

The best MAF for ours cars is the 02 GT 85mm MAF because of the transfer function.

http://www.reinhartautomotive.com

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
73mm and 76mm are either Pro-M or C&L. The Pro-M will require a chip, so you might as well get an 02 GT MAF. The C&Ls do not require a chip, but they are also junk.

I know a place you should be able to get an 02GT airbox (no need for an adapter!), MAF and Airtube for $120 shipped. do a search, I posted contact info not too long ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts