TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uGH!!! The god damn threadlock Ford uses on those damn screws must be the strongest stuff available! I managed to get ONE screw out, and the other is stripped so bad I can't even attempt to get it more than halfway out. Great. I can't get a hacksaw blade behind it either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think sears sells a kit that attaches to a drill so you can get out striped screws. I hope thats what you were getting at. Im sure there are other ways but thats the only thing that comes to mind.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried that before, and the drill's too big to get around the screw.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If it's halfway out, the battle's more than half won! You could try using a cutoff wheel to (carefully, very carefully ... don't lose a finger) cut a slot into the head. Then you can turn it with a flathead screwdriver. Or you could just use visegrips, etc. and beat on it until something happens. I would try to get the whole thing out intact rather than cut it off, because it will only be harder to extract with no head.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Veg,

I've got a spare 70mm MAF housing I could send you. You could get regular screws to put a new MAF sensor in it. I'll let some MAF guru tell you if you need a different MAF than your stock one to use my housing.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Most stores call them "easy outs" or "screw extractors" i bought a cheap set that came with 5 sizes of extractors and matching drill bits. Drill a hole down from the top, put the extractor down in the hole and drill away in reverse. its like a reverse cut drill bit that bites down in the hole you drilled and turns the screw. Good ole tamper proof stuff.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts