TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 95 mercury cougar 4.6L, and i changed the maf sensor but the one i bought from napa looks a little different. But is working and the check engine light is off, but is there a problem with running this, and danger?

new replacement sensor:

original stock sensor:

THanKS

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That second MAF you have pictured is a 5.0 MAF or an early 3.8. It is not the correct MAF for your car. The one that you replaced it with looks to be the correct one. Only the part numbers will tell for sure though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i was wondering, does the maf and throttle body give u that much hp, my spirits have just been broken, i was beat by a 3000gt.....only by a car lenghts distance though...............any pointers on extra hp

·
Registered
724 Posts
Lonnie said:
All the 4.6 MN12s had the 70mm. They never used the 55mm.
I wasn't trying to spread disinformation, I just know that they used the 55mm on early panthers, I didn't know if it made it to the MN12 or not.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
realskater said:
i was wondering, does the maf and throttle body give u that much hp, my spirits have just been broken, i was beat by a 3000gt.....only by a car lenghts distance though...............any pointers on extra hp
i believe a new MAF like the 2002+ mustang GT MAF that most switch to will most likely gain you only a couple HP, if any at all....what you do gain is better driveability from the increased precision of the MAF.........as for a TB, its also just a couple HP gain on a stock engine

but on the bright side, a '02 MAF along with a good SCT chip can gain you significant results with a premium-gas tune....probably enough to beat that 3000GT at the track

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, idk if u saw i have a jet chip.....its okay shift points are awsome

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
realskater said:
yeah, idk if u saw i have a jet chip....
yes, i saw that...thats exactly the reason i suggested SCT....if you're happy with it, great....if you're serious about your car, you know what to get......

·
Registered
27 Posts
how much money are the sct chips?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
realskater said:
how much money are the sct chips?
lonnie's site. or scroll up to his post. It's also in his sig.

Best $ I spent on the car.

Rob

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a 02' GT MAF... see sig... with a Lonnie SCT reburn for it. I can't tell you much of a diff from stock because this all went in with my new transmission (see sig also). With new tranny and chip reburn w/ maf, I spin my tires at the line for a good 3-4 seconds before I grab traction. Keep in mind my tires are a non-performance, all-terrain crap and I have a limited slip differential. When I was all stock I was lucky to even hear a chirp at WOT from a dead stop.

From reading previous threads, many others notice increased throttle response more so than HP gains. Like mentioned above, a bigger maf will only give you a better, more accurate reading of air entering your intake.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Brett.. Before you slap that new shiny MAF in your car.. Clean the damn thing!!

:xpcry: I miss the bird!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts