TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Hope that this thread is within the correct area.

I on and off buy some magazines about newer type of American Ford, basically about the Modular engine type. Here in Sweden I have found two and they are:
"5.0 MUSTANG & SUPER FORDS" and "Mustang Monthly"

Now to my question: Is there any other which is worth to read, if you are interesyed in our type of cars?

Regards

Berth

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I get MM&FF and the subscription is about to run out. Honestly, the only engine info that is useful is the 4.6l 2v stuff, which is becoming less and less common in the magazines, thanks to the 3v and now the new 5.0. Also, saying that the information they give is "useful" is a stretch. It is slightly entertaining though. My favorite thing about the magazine though is looking at all of the new parts available for the mustang and thinking about how the only parts that really work on ours are transmission, engine, and brake/wheel related. All in all, its a good addition to my bathroom literature.

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
I read magazines the same way now as I did when I was 8. For the pretty pictures lol If I want good accurate tech I turn on the computer and look through forums.

I was subscribed to MM&FF for years in the early 2000s and the thing that was always consistent about them was that they put the most tacky, riced out, god awful mustangs on the cover month after month but usually had much better features and cars inside. Best one I have is the Dec 03 issue with the SC shootout. That article made these cars very relevant to a 14 year old me.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Best one I have is the Dec 03 issue with the SC shootout. That article made these cars very relevant to a 14 year old me.:)
I'd be interested in reading that, if you wouldn't mind a scan & post! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Honestly the best magazine I have found for technical info is CarCraft. They don't focus on mustangs, or even fords in general, but pretty much every build they do is done on a budget, and they have a lot of cool builds using junkyard engines or putting newer EFI engines into older cars and that sort of thing. It is definitely my favorite magazine to read.

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
I'd be interested in reading that, if you wouldn't mind a scan & post! :)
Yeah I'll see if I can dig it up, I know I still have it.

Honestly the best magazine I have found for technical info is CarCraft. They don't focus on mustangs, or even fords in general, but pretty much every build they do is done on a budget, and they have a lot of cool builds using junkyard engines or putting newer EFI engines into older cars and that sort of thing. It is definitely my favorite magazine to read.
I'll second that now that you mention it, I learned a lot about what I know about cars early on from that magazine. The articles were always very in depth and well illustrated as I recall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts