TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had bought a used eclipse double din to install into the wife's focus, but the installer apparently lost interest and won't return my calls. so my next planb of action is to sell the eclipse head unit and buy a prtable unit. the two above seem to be the most popular. i went to both sites, and garmins was all buy useless...so many choices. magellans was a little better. the only thing i really care about is split screen when approaching the next turn/direction. also prefer a wide(rectangular) screen over the square screen.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have the Garmin 350 unit. I used it to go somewhere I knew how to get to but for a test I programmed the address into Garmin and it took me there but not the way I would have gone. I used it recently to go somewhere in Mass. and it was turn by turn good directions. I never had an opportunity to do a comparison between any other brands but so far the Garmin gets me where I need to be when I use it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I took a magellan to arizona and it worked great (was a friends)
Then like 3 months later I went back with my Garmin Nuvi and it sucked....

I was with my dad who knew the lay of the land and he could get us anywhere faster and with less traffic than the garmin. I dont know why the magellan worked better, it was just all around a better product... the garmin for some reason makes me take the streets and stupid routes when I know I can take the freeway to get there faster.. I have messed with the settings and (Shortest distance, Fastest Time) no luck....

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Bought my dad a garmin nuvi and I have used it a few times, really a great product.

C.Hill

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i found a place that said they can do the eclispe install. going friday for an estimate. would rather have that unit anyways. will keep you posted.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the info. the shop said $150 parts and labor to install, so i'm going that route.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts