TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I' ve had the magnaflow mufflers for 3 days now and I noticed they are really raspy when cold , but go away when they are hot. Anyone else noticed this? Also, they are pretty quiet and want to know how much louder they will get. Someone posted before that they get almost as loud as 40 series flows after sometime and wondering if anyone else and chime in on this. I hope they don'tl sound like glass packs when all the packing inside goes away.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
wait for the inside of the mufflers to be worked in...i forget exactly happens in there after time but i think the inside disinigrates or rustes a little and makes it sound a lot beefier...the first month i had my flowmasters i was like...oooo well not a mustang...still sounds good tho...then a year later with new piping from the 2 front cats all the way to the back tips with the 3rd cat and resonater removed and put a Y-Pipe there instead with 3.5in chrome tips...DAMMMM!!...i get soooo many looks...ESPECIALLY FROM MUSTANGS!!....heheheehe

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Originally posted by scott 07-17-2004 06:40 PM
I spent the better part of a day cutting off my Flowmasters and replacing them with Magnaflows.
I heard from so many people how good they sound, ect ect. After much cutting and mitering I got them in but man are they quiet, TOO quiet really. They sound nice and have a crisper tighter tone but
all in all I would rather have the Flow masters back in.
Originally posted by scott 08-09-2004 10:12 PM
They do indeed get louder, now I'm happy.
Here is the rest of the thread.
Magnaflow disappointment !

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
500 Miles or so to break in. Mine is still quiet when cold but I love the sound once it is warmed up. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts