TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I would assume Magnaflow would outflow 12 year old factory converters. Why not go with J pipes and a Magnaflow universal? Seems it would flow even better and cost less. I'm only asking because my next big step is my exhaust....

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I am hoping to find someone that will forget the third one is a cat and go with two cats and dual exhaust. I didn't really look at that since MSRP from Magnaflow is 920 bucks (I know list and street prices are closer to 300) for it!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm having the same issue with nobody wanting to touch the third cat. Even the Mom and Pop places out here don't want to mess with it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
cut it off yourself and if you can stand the noise and not get pulled over.. go to a shop you havent been to before and say someone stole it... lol

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
hehe... Just buy some downtubes and with universals. Someone is selling JL's old ones. Slap them on drive to a shop and have them finish up the exhaust. Or www.trubendz.com has some already. They told me it's basically 2.5in mandrel bent with high flows and an Xpipe. 330 shipped. This is pretty much to the gas tank though. But I still think it's a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Problem solved; dual exhaust Monday night....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts