TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the better part of a day cutting off my Flowmasters and replacing them with Magnaflows.
I heard from so many people how good they sound, ect ect. After much cutting and mitering I got them in but man are they quiet, TOO quiet really. They sound nice and have a crisper tighter tone but
all in all I would rather have the Flow masters back in.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock cat's, yes but 2.5" duals with a 2"cross over and JBA's.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Try the Dynatech High flo's from jegs , and you'll have some rumble with the flow masters.......

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Sorry but what is JEGs ?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
funny.. my exhaust always gets quieter after time...

either that or i get used to it...

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
jamesD said:
funny.. my exhaust always gets quieter after time...

either that or i get used to it...
What? huh? speak up!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thats odd, i had Kooks build my exhaust, got JBA headers, magnaflow cats, true dual 2.25 with H pipe, and 2 magnaflow mufflers, my car roars, its louder than when i had the flowmasters on the same setup, i had the flowmasters cut out in october, and replaced with magnaflows,

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe my Flow masters where so loud because they where from a "cat back"
kit I had. My Flowmasters have a side inlet and not a rear one like most have.
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The Flowmasters arent so loud, mostly they drone with strock cats ... been running them for about 4 years..Suddenly theyre aggressive ly louder and craclke with the new cats, kinda neat tho'

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had the same cat back kit, then i got the true dual exahust and the cats and the headers, and it got louder, but i didnt really like the sound that the flowmasters were putting out, i then had kooks but them out and put on the magnaflows, and at first it was quiet, but deep. it really rumbled, then after a month or so after it burned through it really opened up. I had my freind drive my car and i was in another car, and i really didnt realize how LOUD it really is, its a Deep tone but man it really roars, i got an mp3 of my old flowmasters on my website, i havent had a chance to put the new one of the magnaflows on yet. But trust me the Magnaflows will roar once they are worked in.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
my buddy has the side inlet flows, not sure if there louder then regular flows or not, it sounds good tho, those 2 flows are about as loud as my single magnaflow, but when i do duals i think im gonna shoot for borla, but i like the sound of magnaflows

·
Registered
303 Posts
Chttp://www.gtbird.com/rides/kevstbird.mp3 Check that out, thats when i had the flowmasters, and now with the mags its a lot louder but still has a deep Mean sound, i like it a lot better than flows, but i guess its all in the eye of the beholder

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
as everyone said above...cats is what got them quiet...i run catless with a magnaflow and the whole block hears me when i come home.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i think with kooks and high flow cats and magnaflows all with 2.5" duals, that would be super loud, if i keep my stock headers im gonna run catless, the stock cats just choke up the exhaust so much

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
smokymance said:
as everyone said above...cats is what got them quiet...i run catless with a magnaflow and the whole block hears me when i come home.
I'm going to echo somemore too. The stock cats are what is killing you here. Ever taken a look at them? There is a huge 90 degree bend into the cat.

My setup is stock cats 2 and 1/4 to dual in / out muffler w/ X pipe to Magnaflow tips. I strongly advise sticking with Magnaflow.. I am betting good money the car will roar when I get my Magnaflow High flow cats on the car.

If you notice when you ask other car modders they all go flowmaster, be a little different!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts