TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be better, for performance? For sound, all I'm looking for is something deep.

I was planning on getting rid of the 3rd cat, and the resonator. Do you think a single 2.5" will give me enough flow, or should I go with 3" split into 2.5" for the dual tips?

·
Registered
615 Posts
First of all let me just say it before some one else does. "Do a search." there are plenty of info on this board about mufflers. As JL says it Flowmasters are chokemasters.

a single 2.5 will be plenty if you are gonna end up staying NA. I personally want to get the speedfreak.cc exhaust but its out of my budget. Only reason I want that is, because most shops in town do compression bend and I want mandrel.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
both sound good but magnaflow flows better but sometimes if you wanna keep some low end grunt....i dont know....maybe youd want a flowmaster muffler....keep some cap on an exhaust system.....if you do catless or such

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've spent a while searching and I think I'm going to go with the Magnaflow Wide Open's.

I'm going to remove the 3rd cat, and the resonator. Should I put 1 muffler midship, and just have pipe all the way back? Or, should I just have dual mufflers at the rear end; like the stock setup?

I want my exhaust to be heard <b>VERY</b> quietly inside the car, and don't want droning.

·
8,239 Posts
I just finished getting my exhaust together. I had to do some pipe hanging and stuff like that.

JBA headers to two magnaflow highflow cats, then it goes into a magnaflow straight through resonator type muffler, then it goes to 3.5'' single pipe all the way under, with single exit exhaust like the v6 cars.

It sounds very very agressive, and probably something you wouldn't want to show up to sunday church in.

The jba headers might have sprung a leak. I am trying to motiviate myself to drop the kmember to install a set of kooks, but that will wait until springtime.

JH

·
Registered
384 Posts
SO how does it feel to you?

I had mine like that a long time ago but I switched it back to a dual from 3rd cat back. only my single pipe wasnt 3.5.

I was told that the single would flow better than 2 smaller duals but I like the 2 pipes out the rear more than the single.

I am needing new tips and am thinking about either a Dual in/ dual out Magnaflow where my 3rd cat was(removing the Flowmaster that is there now) OR

maybe a dual in/ single out with a spintech.

havent decided. plus wife will get angry if I tell her I am changing exhaust for the 4th time....

main thing is I do not want to loose torque. I am running a NA motor and I would rather have all the low end I can keep since I do not run it high rpm range that much.

Mike Z

·
Registered
397 Posts
You forgot Dynomax's. I've got a pair of their super turbos on my monte carlo and I friggin' love em. Great tone and great flow, and you can't beat their prices.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yeah seriosuly if your worried about droning to the point of barly wanting to here the exhaust in the car....dynomax is for you.......so go with there mufflers......you dont sound stock but you do have a quieter tone......

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i wouldnt get glass packs id go and buy some actaully mufflers....like dynomax....if you want quietness....glasspacks do get louder as time goes on....but a long one would keep a car quiet

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would go with Magnaflow over Flowmaster. I had a magnaflow exhaust on my camaro. I got bored with it so I changes out just the muffler to a flowmaster. I lost 15 rwhp. I could definetly feel the loss. Plus, I like the sound of the magnaflow over the flowmaster.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
hstang said:
I would go with Magnaflow over Flowmaster. I had a magnaflow exhaust on my camaro. I got bored with it so I changes out just the muffler to a flowmaster. I lost 15 rwhp. I could definetly feel the loss. Plus, I like the sound of the magnaflow over the flowmaster.
i really dont think exhaust makes THAT much of a difference... but you're right..the mags do flow better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used to work at a shop that had a dyno. It really lost that much HP. Every time we swapped out flowmaster exhaust for a magnaflow, it picked up power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts