TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 years it's time to replace the exhaust setup (single 40 series two chamber with gutted cat) and go with something that will work well with my SVO blower.

Picking these pipes up from pa_dan http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=104279 and I already have a set of the borlas from the GP a couple years back still in the shipping boxes. Haven't been to the shop yet but the reccomended one does custom mandrel bent work and being in SC I don't have any inspection. :)

Last thing to pick up is either a plain x pipe or the magnaflow x pipe. Any suggestions to either or? I may pick up a set of ported manifolds from preston later on down the road but for now it's stock.

TIA.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i'll be runnin the magnaflow muffler with tru-x core

i'll let ya know :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. What's the rest of the setup going to be?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i also just dropped the car off at the shop to get my new exhaust thrown in....

kooks, to a 2in x-pipe magnaflow- 2out the back

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Sweet. What's the rest of the setup going to be?
i picked up some of those spun ceramic itty bitty kitty's JL found, BrainCoating Manifolds, custom mandrel downtubes, and some 18" long 3" SS tips. goin 2.5" all the way with the DIDO 2.5" tru-x muffler midmounted behind the trans

i have a similar setup on my other birdie, except it is 2.25" and has big scott downtubes instead of these other ones

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magnaflow x pipe and offroad downtubes come in this week. Borlas in the trunk. Heading to the exhaust shop for some mandrel bend work and installation. Now the debate of what tips... I've had it all from straight, turn downs, large diameter, and dual splits.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All parts just arrived and I leave for 6 days... GRRR

Pics/Clips Tuesday evening hopefully.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i just got my xpipe muffler installed...2.5x2 in 2.5x2 out....

kooks...muffler and just pipes....pretty loud....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Will,

Who is doing your bending and install. I too am searching to get my exhaust upgraded to true duals. This stock setup is killing my flow. Need more air movement :tongue:. Rob said mandrel would be best, but I could not find anyone down here with a mandrel bender. Let me know how yours turns out and I might bring mine up to Charlotte to get done.

Thanks,
Kevin M

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One shop with a mandrel bender that does alot of crazy custom stuff wouldn't touch my car. Only thing he would do is 2-1 all the way back... WTF it isn't a V6. :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got the same treatment from about 10-12 shops, finally found a guy that does a lot of buildups and custom work

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Shop here wants a minimum of 1200 for a mandrel bent setup.

Not for me.

And Greenbird says not to use the Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler. But I cannot get an answer from him on why....

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'd like to here why its a bad choice, though i doubt it will change my thoughts on it any

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I've been running that muffler with headers and no cats for 3 years, it sounds great. No problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
694 Posts
1200 bucks for mandrel?!? Just go get a compression bent setup... wayyy cheaper. You really wont lose that much performance over a mandrel setup... especially if your motor is basically stock. My setup is all compression bent 2.25'' piping. No major bends in it that would "restrict" flow. I paid like 80 bucks for the piping... 120 for my magnaflow muffler (seperate purchase). Sounds friggin' awesome too.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Shop here wants a minimum of 1200 for a mandrel bent setup.

Not for me.

And Greenbird says not to use the Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler. But I cannot get an answer from him on why....
just get it u wont be dissapointed. It maybe quiet in the beginning but once it breaks in it will be fine

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Mine is going on the SC.

And I had already decided since I will be flowing just under the threshold of the muffler capacity, I should be fine. :):)

·
Registered
874 Posts
not to make you all feel bad but i got my exhuast done for less than a 100 bucks.
mostly i just paid for the 18in magnaflow with the true-x core... i have 2.5in true duals. :D:D:D

now you may be asking your self why so cheap???? i will tell you i did it my self when i worked at the exhaust shop. they didn't even charge me for the pipe.
just three days of my time it took me to do because i had to keep taking the car down when customers came in. it sucked but i got it done an i love it. as soon as i figure out how to post pics i will...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i got mine done for 300 installed including the muffler, bongs for the wide band and they blocked off the egr on my kooks...

i dont think it was a bad deal at all!

as soon as i get a chance...ill be posting pics

1 - 19 of 19 Posts