TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a "glasspack" sound out of running the mid-mount Magnaflow? I hope not. I believe I am going to be purchasing some soon. Also, if someone has one and lives close to Indianapolis I would be interested in hearing them if possible.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
hell no it doesnt sound like a glasspack. it sounds great and has little to no drone.

go with the mid-mount setup, you wont be dissapointed. im trying to get a sound clip but a local is getting lazy on me ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking at the mid mount for about 6 months now. I'm going to go either 2" or 2 1/4" w/o cats and straight out the back w/o tips. I had just watched someone's vid and it sounded like a glasspack (I like glasspacks, just not on cars).

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
well i still have my front 2 cats and it sounds great with them on. replace your cats with high flow cats and run them into a mid-mount setup, that should sound great.

prolly sounded like a glasspack seeing how there were no cats or tips.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i also have this setup.. and have for a while

·
Registered
958 Posts
i had glasspacks and they suck!!! i cut them off and it sounds way better.......high flow cats true duals no muffler.....yet.....

·
Registered
958 Posts
i listened to it in the other thread.....sounds real good......but you've been blessed w/ a 4.6.......... my poor 3.8 will probably never sound that nice......

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
front cats are stock but the 3rd cat is removed and there is a mid-mount muffler in its place and the dual pipes run back to 2 3" slant cut tips.

My bad. I missed your previous post. Did you lose much bottom end going to 2 1/2"? This is the reason why I was thinking about 2 1/4". I haven't measured the head pipes yet to see what size they are.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
well i like how the 2.5" sounds and i got the exhaust along with my pi-swap so i cant say if i noticed any gains or loss on the exhaust seeing how the pi-swap kinda up'ed the hp and tq ratings already.

i guess 2.25 would be perfect for a stock car but like i said i had no intentions on staying stock plus i wanted the sound to be perfect thats why i went with 2.5

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do the Rustangs run 2 1/2"?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.