TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My 94' XR7 has around 119k on it. I just had all the codes checked and they replaced the MAF, PCV valve, and did some TB cleaning etc. I just rebuilt the strut bars, basically the whole front end. What else should I be looking for at this point or in the near future?

·
5,650 Posts
With 119k, you'll want to replace the fuel filter, plugs & wires, check all vacuum lines, change tranny fluid (if not done within last 30k miles) with Mercon V and change to the 96+ deep tranny pan, do a j-mod and add a tranny cooler (this will extend the life of your trans), change differential fluid, and check all suspension parts. Most likely the boots on the upper control arm ball joints will be torn. The sway bar links might me going out as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the bushings and everything have just been replaced on the front end, they were shot (expensive). Ill definately do the rear end and tranny fluid as well. How long do shocks usually last? im sure they are original. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
7 Posts
The metal hose going from the EGR to the pass ex manifold. I just dealt with a plugged one and it was a handfull. Take it off and clean it before you put everything back together.. For the price of the EGR I would replace it also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, anything else. PS, when im sitting in park, i can feel a little rumble between 1k RPM and 1300, any ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts