TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone attempted to fill in the small side windows and add the shelby scoops?
it's an idea i've wanted to try for some time now... everyone i've met on here have great cars but i wanted to try another direction. i want to use the 67 shelby theme on my car. i've looked at the new side scoops for the '05 and up mustang but they don't look as good as the original designs. i'll use the inside window opening for speaker housings. i plan on either using the nascar style spoiler or just fab my own from sheet metal. i really wanted to do the shelby 500 hood but can't seem to find anything to fit because of the "V" shape center of my hood. any ideas on that?
is there anyone out there good with photo shop that could try this out for me?

my original plan was a clean engine bay and a 302 with a carb... to look period correct. but if i'm doing a "shelby" theme i need to think bigger.

i've come to you because this is the biggest MN-12 "think tank" around. if it can be done and look good, you guys would be the ones to know. yes, i'm spreading it on thick right now but to be serious, all of you guys/gals put a tremendous amount of work on your rides and it shows.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I've considered those side scoops before, but never took the time to mock them up. Not sure how it would look. I'm sure you could do it, and just fiberglass them into the surrounding body for a smooth look.

As far as the hood goes, you may have to just modify the stock hood w/ some fiberglass scoops there as well. I don't see it costing more than a few hundred to have them put in and have the hood painted.

Jay

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Not bad. Not diggin the half chin spoiler tho. Either all or none for me.

As far as that hood, it reminds me of the early 70's GT500 hood (it had 5 scoops in it like the two that you see in the center of the hood). Maybe if he had moved the scoops back on the hood a bit (like midway between the front end and the windshield) instead of having them at the very front it would look better, but to each there own. I can give props for creativity and appreciate the hard work that it took someone to do that. Just not my personal style.

As far as those scoops on a bird, I don't think they'd look too bad if done nicely, not just stuck on w/ 3M tape, lol...

Jay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree jay, the scoops would look better further back. as for mine, i'm still drawing up ideas. i want something original... seems loke everyone has the cowl hoods and i'm so limited on scoops because of my hood design. i was thinking about the nascar effects package from http://www.dealershipdesigns for my car... and then the side scoops. will that kit fit my '92?
oh yeah, one more thing. there will be no peel and stick items on my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts