TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a serious problem...i just put in 18 gallons of gas and after only 69 miles i am down to a 1/4 tank. my car has had a ruff idle, and the right exhaust has been blowing major exhaust but the left side is working fine...at one point my fuel injector on cylinder 2 was bad but i replaced it...my cadellic coverter was cracked and i replaced the exhaust with true duals...i also added new sparkplugs and wires. i also got a code where it said that the MAF sensor was bad. could that make a major difference in my situation. well i have one here and i am putting it in tonight. what the hell is going on with my car. i cant figure it out...does anyone have any ideas? i am thinking maybe a valve is sticking or bad....i am not sure..anything advice would be nice.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well, it could be a number of things. If you have tamper proof torx bits, then you can try cleaning your existing MAF out. That might help. Try that, before you install the other maf.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if your maf is bad then the comp is probubly shooting a lot of gas into your car (rich)making ur fuel effecincy go down. DONT BE SUPRISED my car runs fine and when i beat on it i only get 50 miles to a 1/4 tank so dont feel bad i once got 300 miles to the tank and then i once got 100 miles to the tank so dont go too nutty. do u have a aftermarket maf? if not then its prob ur old one and it should be cleaned. clean the wires very gently affter going to a auto shop to get anti tamper torx bits. just take a q tip with alchohol on it and GENTLY o i said GENTLY clean the 2 wires and se eif that helps if not have ur chip\comp reprogramed by jerry

·
Registered
80 Posts
So what is a decent gas milage to get on a 4.6 tbird?

I have no mods (yet...) but accelerating quite aggressively, and get about 17mpg.
One time I let my father drive it, highway only, cruisecontrol on 70, and he got 25mpg, so I guess it is possible to get anything over 20.

What's the average gasmileage you guys get? And how do performance mods influence this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts