TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i know that some(majority) of my posts are kinda pointless and stupid,but when i try to get some opinions on my new mod,lets say a cold air/ram air intake that might work,i thnk that is is kinda stupid to ridicule me for my work,now how many of people have done it i see no problem in the design of it,but if it does make my car run lean at wot then when i get a tune i could have that fixed,so please tell me how to fix a problem i have cause with my car oh...and don't make fun of me in a post that has no real meaning..there,done venting over,but really guys i just payed(pending) to be a member and i would like to post my pics and get opinions on stuff without getting ridiculed..and i don't want to have to stop visiting this site because of the rudeness...and in turn make my money a uselesss spend.......ok im done,and please don't ever make fun of my mods in another post that make me feel like im about 2"s tall,so how about we keep it nice,and i will try to stop the useless posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Dude, relax. Take a freakin chill pill, your one post of Mod, in which you could have taken your time and done it right from the start by using the Tech manuals on here, and then asking for help, but when you throw crap out there what do you expect from the guys on here, you should look at some of the cars on this site, There are more than one perfectionist on here, and if you are looking for perfection, then look at the members cars themselves and then listen to what they have to say.

Better have all your beans in the can before you rant!

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
You seem a little insecure . . . . . if your gonna try and reinvent the wheel, you need to have a sound idea . . . . . . and if your gonna post pics of something that isnt a sound idea, then you have to be prepared to hear people go, WTH.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well that does make me feel better,but i do like the filter where it is,but i do need a bypass valve.i know the filter will get alot more water form down there but i will have to keep it there for a while to see what it does for the perfomance and gas millage,but i am open to ideas...but thanks for not deleting this post SHADOW

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
dude chill.. over react much? :rolleyes: lol.. if your referring to the posts josh and i made in the "vote on my next mod" thread it was all good fun.. i wasnt bashing on your intake ,as i too have plastic "dryer hose" flex tube as part of my intake as you know full well.. and neither was josh but ill let him speak for himself. and i agree with SHADOW.. you have to be ready to see people say "WTH IS THAT" when they see something new and that they dont find entirely plausible.. just my .02..

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm not trying to be an a-hole or jump on the bandwagon here, but this is a personal pet peeve of mine - every time I see you post, I cringe a little. Your posts are damn near illegible. Just take an extra minute or two, read over what you write, and smooth it out. It's not like I expect perfect grammar/spelling/etc., but if you want us to put the effort into reading your posts, put some effort into writing them so that I can actually understand what you're saying.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
You seem a little insecure . . . . . if your gonna try and reinvent the wheel, you need to have a sound idea . . . . . . and if your gonna post pics of something that isnt a sound idea, then you have to be prepared to hear people go, WTH.
I'm going to have to second Shadow on this point.

There are sound and proven theories that are known to help the airflow in an engine. This information is posted here and on multiple places on the web. When you post something that is in direct contradiction to those know theories you should 1. be prepared for some ridicule, or 2. be prepared to back it up with some very good proof such as a dyno chart, flow chart, track times, or some other definitive measurement.

But when you make statements like, "but if it does make my car run lean at wot" with no information provided to say HOW you know it is running lean... (i.e. A/F ratio meter, AutoTap, reading the plugs, etc) your credibility really takes a hit.

As for the ram air setup you engineered/designed, I saw so many things that I would consider “not good” that I didn’t reply to the post out of courtesy. But since you’re bringing it up…

The number one issue that I saw was the flexible tubing. Air flow likes nice smooth, straight surfaces… Why do you think polishing ports in a cylinder head helps. The turbulence you created within that flexible tube would negate any extra density you might (and that is a big might) be getting with the filter located within the wheel well.

But just my opinion. I just think you should both research and learn a little before posting something like you did, OR have a thicker skin. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude chill.. over react much? :rolleyes: lol.. if your referring to the posts josh and i made in the "vote on my next mod" thread it was all good fun.. i wasnt bashing on your intake ,as i too have plastic "dryer hose" flex tube as part of my intake as you know full well.. and neither was josh but ill let him speak for himself. and i agree with SHADOW.. you have to be ready to see people say "WTH IS THAT" when they see something new and that they dont find entirely plausible.. just my .02..
lol....well thanks for not tereing me a new one,i don't over react that often,just a few things have happened latly that have got me on edge and posting here seems to keep my mind off of it,so thanks

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to have to second Shadow on this point.

There are sound and proven theories that are known to help the airflow in an engine. This information is posted here and on multiple places on the web. When you post something that is in direct contradiction to those know theories you should 1. be prepared for some ridicule, or 2. be prepared to back it up with some very good proof such as a dyno chart, flow chart, track times, or some other definitive measurement.

But when you make statements like, "but if it does make my car run lean at wot" with no information provided to say HOW you know it is running lean... (i.e. A/F ratio meter, AutoTap, reading the plugs, etc) your credibility really takes a hit.

As for the ram air setup you engineered/designed, I saw so many things that I would consider “not good” that I didn’t reply to the post out of courtesy. But since you’re bringing it up…

The number one issue that I saw was the flexible tubing. Air flow likes nice smooth, straight surfaces… Why do you think polishing ports in a cylinder head helps. The turbulence you created within that flexible tube would negate any extra density you might (and that is a big might) be getting with the filter located within the wheel well.

But just my opinion. I just think you should both research and learn a little before posting something like you did, OR have a thicker skin. :thumbsup:
i just asummed it would seeing how someone on here siad that if you add more airflow you could lose power at wot cause the computor has a predetermend amount of fuel it send in the engine,so thats how i took that,soo...sorry...lol

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
i just assumed it would seeing how someone on here said that if you add more airflow you could lose power at wot cause the computer has a predetermined amount of fuel it send in the engine, so that’s how I took that, soo...sorry...lol
While that statement is true about the WOT, there’s a caveat: Every A/F graph I've seen with a stock tune is that at WOT it runs really rich anyway from the factory.

So to go lean, you would have to get a noticeable increase in the amount of air (much more than anything you could do before the throttle body excluding a supercharger) :D

Someone feel free to correct me on the above statement. :thumbsup:

·
5,650 Posts
i just asummed it would seeing how someone on here siad that if you add more airflow you could lose power at wot cause the computor has a predetermend amount of fuel it send in the engine,so thats how i took that,soo...sorry...lol
The computer does have a pre-programmed amount of fuel to deliver at WOT, ignoring the input from the oxygen sensors, but it still reads the air entering the engine through the MAF. So if you increase the volume of air entering the engine, the computer will see this increase and add more fuel accordingly, so you won't be running lean. You should be running right where it is programmed to run at WOT, which as it was already said is pig rich.

·
Registered
742 Posts
"Give me a period, Vasily. One period only, please!"

Sean Connery, from The Hunt for Red October

·
Registered
742 Posts
Give me a Ping, just one Ping, not a period, but I good fill-in none the less.
"Satire" Pronunciation[sat-ahyuhr]

–noun

1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

·
Registered
742 Posts
More Hunt for Red October quotes (in relation to this thread, obviously)...

Capt. Ramius: (To his crew) "And once more, we play our dangerous game. A game of chess....against our old adversary...the English language!.......For 40 years, your fathers before you and your older brothers played this game...and played it well. But today, the game is different. WE have the advantage! It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of our periods. Now they will tremble again - at the sound of our silence. The order is: engage the silent period!"

Borodin: "Do you think they will let me use proper grammar in Montana?"
Capt. Ramius: "I would think they'll let you use proper grammar wherever you want."
Borodin: "Good. Then I will use proper grammar in Montana. And I will marry a round, grammatically-correct American woman, and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pick-up truck, or umm... possibly even...a recreational vehicle, and drive from state to state while competing in spelling bees, all while using proper grammar. Do they let you do that?"
Capt. Ramius: "Oh yes."
Borodin: "No papers?"
Capt. Ramius: "No papers. State-to-state. Proper grammar."

Political Officer Putin: "A man with your responsibilities reading about the end of proper grammar. Heh. And what's this? 'I am become death...the destroyer of punctuation marks.'"
Capt. Ramius: "It is an ancient Hindu grammar book, quoted by an American."
Political Officer Putin: "An American?"
Capt. Ramius: "Mm-hmm. He invented 'Hooked on Phonics', and was later accused of being a communist."

Capt. Ramius: "Be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to run-on sentences."

Capt. Ramius: (To his crew) "Comrades! Our own English Composition department doesn't know our full potential! They will do everything possible to test us, but they will only test their own embarrassment. We will leave our Special Ed students behind! We will pass through the American grammar patrols, past their word phonetic nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock and roll...while we conduct spelling drills!"

Capt. Ramius: (To his crew) "A great day, comrades! We will spell the word 'history'!"

·
Registered
742 Posts
Must be some kind of inside joke. :rolleyes:
No, this is simply making light of the thread creator's excited posting, and blowing through most known grammatical rules in the process.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts