TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea about the motor swap I would like to do. If I buy the engine, lets say a exploder motor 2002. I put the thing on an engine stand and let it sit in my garage. Next I am going I am going to FL for a Electronics comm hub school for a few months. So I am going to have about 200.00 a month to spend on parts and such. All in all I am going to spend cost of motor and 700.00. What should I get with 700.00? Like differant exhaust headers or intake? I took a search on the site. I found a few things, but nothing of real intrest. I figure I got 140000 miles and when I get back from FL I'll have 155,000. Nice time for a good aluminum block a good drive shaft and my trac-loc and 3.55 gears. Thanks Eric

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Get the heads ported while its sitting up. I wish I would've done that before I put in my PI engine. I also wish I would've installed the "cooling mod" while the engine was out of the car. I didn't know that it was a Ford part and wasnt about to spend $100 on a kit for it. Gosh if I only knew then what I know now. Now I'm in for hell to pull out the freeze plug with the engine in the car. Just some ideas.
-Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts