TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 95 cougar XR7 with power driver seat. I am tall guy (6'6") and the seat doesnt go back far enough for me. what are my options? Some one mention I can modify the seat track some how, but I am not sure how to go about it. if thats not possible, can I swap in other seat tracks ?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I would have sworn there was an article on modifying the seat tracks in the tech articles. I just looked and couldn't find it. But I definitely remember reading about it. Might try the SCCoA.com tech articles?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
yeah, I remeber it too....had something to do with moving a "limiting" pin about an inch farther back on the seat track...

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Thats a very profound statement there Sin.... :D

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
theres somehting about these forums.. they dont liek me. i typed something, i swear.. but it like didnt put it on there. i was gonna say that i remember something like that mod being on here somewhere, and to go hit up shadowdragon... he prolly has it somewhere if it was a tech article.

·
Registered
554 Posts
PM Embalmer... he had a 2" extension put in.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
THATS IT!!!! thats where i saw it.... thanks dude.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Embalmer do tell, I'm 6'5 and need more! :D

-Joel

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Im 6'5 as well but I just cheated by making it feel like theres more room (I put the back down and the front up on the seat bottom) so that my legs are bent up a little bit. then I put the seat back down 2 clicks lol.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Gotcha. I know about the mn12 performance mod, I thought he got it to go back 2 more inches from that.

-Joel

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info guys. Pulled my seats out of the car yesterday and discovered the roll pins weren't in the most rear hole. moved the pins and now it works better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts