TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp, I've decided I need something different, a sliding rag won't do it, so I wanna de-roof my T-bird. I've done this to a Ramcharger, so I got an idea what needs to be done, but have a few Q's.....

I plan on cutting right below the side and rear windows, and taking out the door windows and frame right above the mirrors......

Other than sub-frame connectors, where will I need extra bracing to keep the body from falling apart? This will be a weekend driver, not a show car, so it'll be going down the road on its own, not on a trailer.

And will one of the roll bar/show bar (or whatever the hell they're called) from a 'Stang work for support in the door jambs, or are those just for looks?

And I'm also thinking about suicide doors, too, but not quite sure how the jambs would hold up without the support the roof gives.

That's about it!!

Any tips/help/advice from anyone who's done this is greatly appreciated, as putting the roof back on if I F-up would be a lil tricky....Thanks!!!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I think there was just a thread about this and alot of people were saying even with alot extra bracing it would the car would still be very flimsy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks a bunch for that link!! That's what I was lookin for!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts