TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking and reading on here for a while and have finally decided to build it. this is my first post so i'll tell you a little about me. I'm a mechanic on the weapons station and have been involved one way or another with cars since i was 16 when i got my first car, a 70 chevelle. about 10 cars later i bought my first ford, this 96 thunderbird 3.8. ive had it for since 2000 and paid 10,000 for it back then. it pains be to see what the depreciation is on these. the fit and finish, i believe, is so much better than the gm of equal years. well since i really cant get what out what i have into it, it has become my new project car. the bird is in great condition except fo the 3.8. it has a prob keeping oil pressure only on hot days or extended driving. ive also got a couple of H1E holset turbos. Im sure you guys will poke me with stick for saying it but what i plan to do is get a Cadillac 500 put the two turbos on it with a TH400 and stick it in. other mods would be to find an 8.8 readend set up to replace the 7.5. should be a pretty fun car to drive.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Good luck fittin that in there, youd be better off getting a bird with a v8 in it and going from there. :)

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
Mounting turbos in the front will be the hard part with an engine the size of the 4.6. Not impossible, just a lot of custom fabrication and testing and design. Keep in mind the T-bird engine bay is much smaller than the Mustangs so what works for them doesn't neccessarily work for us. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.