TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lucky and work in a machine shop with almost unlimmited resources.

I am in process of making a prototype FSTB brace that can be used by us SVO guys that will bolt to the holes we already drilled in our cars and had to remove or even sell our FSTB before we got our SVO setup.

I will have details to follow next month.

Type of bar material:
Pictures of prototype:
Pricing will depend on material cost plus labor:

Please let me know of who maybe interested so I can work out the pricing.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
12,226 Posts
I'd be very interested.

I look forward to seeing your prototype.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
X'3. I got some braces he made me.. Pretty good stuff :D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'll be interested but it should be free for me, hahahahaha. j/k man let me know what you come up with.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim,

I do have a rear torsion load brace I made I will give you, like the ones I sold to Jamie and Phil.

And is on my car.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have one on the shelf, doesn't fit because of my exhaust though. Maybe we can figure something out, I would like to get some of these braces I have actually on my car.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah those parts are not doing anything on the shelf but collecting dust...Jamie has the same problem. LOL

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I am interested in this when it is complete. I still have a RSTB and diff brace to put on too. This will make a nice addition to my momey pit.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
The only way the strut bar works properly is to tie it in to the firewall and the firewall is just not strong enough, I really don't see it as much benefit it needs 3 attachment points look at the stock 94-97 gts it hooked into the fire wall but that's just what I've discussed with some road racers when I raced mine a few times plus you gotta remeber the 94-95 cars have very little hood clearance with the svo it's even less than the 96 guys, but I'm just point out key points here

Robert

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My design keeps the brace even with the top of the SVO unit. So it will fit under the hood of any MN12.

My brace will work as good as any other one on the market. I had the Kenny Brown one on my Tbird and it did keep the front from twisting and did keep it flat when my car hooked and did not spin.

And as to the 3 point, 2 point tie in, I have had both and as I am sure there are calculated difference we will not need to be that precise with these cars.

I had the 3 point one on my mustang, and I can tell you 100% that a Mustang firewall is not any stronger than the MN12!

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Im telling u a mustang firewall is way stronger how many mustang u seen get the firewall crack, I'm telling u it's not up for arguement I've got 1 foxbody and had 3 newer mustangs a98 which I just sold and a 03 and 04 cobra, just ask my buddy about his 94 bird found a crack in the firewall

Robert

·
Super Moderator
12,226 Posts
I'm telling u a mustang firewall is way stronger how many mustang u seen get the firewall crack, I'm telling u it's not up for argument I've got 1 foxbody and had 3 newer mustangs a '98 which I just sold and a '03 and '04 cobra, just ask my buddy about his '94 bird found a crack in the firewall

Robert
Yea, Matt was telling me the same thing; it needs to be triangulated to be most effective.

Who cracked their firewall Rob? Do I know them?

I'd still like to see your prototype Jerry. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Chungs is cracked and his car was pretty much stock down to sway bars and all and car only ran mid 15s in the 1/4 so no added stress from to much power

Robert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.