TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cecil County, Nov 13th.

Couple of the boys hit the SSOTN Nationals at Cecil County, Md yesterday. Track was good early but got pretty warm along with a lot breakage later in the day.

Mike Siska's lil 281 2V/Allen managed a new personal best of 1.47 60', 6.62 @ 105.3 in the 1/8th, 10.32 @ 133.95 in the 1/4. Right off the trailer. Backed it up with a second run of 1.47 60' and a 10.35 @ 133.6 MPH.

Couple of the other guys ran, Jeff with his NA 2V car, and Chad with his SC. Both ran new bests either in ET, MPH or both.

I expect they will chime in with their information here.

Overall a good day at the track yesterday for the MAMN12 gang.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I drove the car down to Cecil yesterday, changed only the rear tires when I got there, and first pass out, went a [email protected] Next run backed it up with a [email protected] I'm still having small issues with the converter that will be addressed over the winter. And also the cooling fan wasn't kicking on for most of the day so the car was getting warm each time. Towards the end of the day, the car wouldn't idle right. It would idle, but just at 2000 rpms. I packed it up and called it an early day and headed home. Oddly enough when I stopped to get gas leaving the track, the idle was fine, and the fan was running. Guess it just didn't want to cooperate at the track...that's all, lol.

Not bad for a budget built iron 2v in street trim...driving it 2.5 hours there, running a new best down in the 12's, then driving it 2.5 hours home. All in all it was good to run a new best 60', ET, and MPH. Over the season, I picked up nearly 3 mph, and knocked .47 off the ET.

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
Congratulations Jeff.

Where are you guys pixs and videos?

Somebody's dropping the ball up there. :D

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I so wish I could've been there!
Yeah, I wish you could have had your car there too! I wish I could have made the trip myself but was unable to this time unfortunately.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drove the car down to Cecil yesterday, changed only the rear tires when I got there, and first pass out, went a [email protected] Next run backed it up with a [email protected] I'm still having small issues with the converter that will be addressed over the winter. And also the cooling fan wasn't kicking on for most of the day so the car was getting warm each time. Towards the end of the day, the car wouldn't idle right. It would idle, but just at 2000 rpms. I packed it up and called it an early day and headed home. Oddly enough when I stopped to get gas leaving the track, the idle was fine, and the fan was running. Guess it just didn't want to cooperate at the track...that's all, lol.

Not bad for a budget built iron 2v in street trim...driving it 2.5 hours there, running a new best down in the 12's, then driving it 2.5 hours home. All in all it was good to run a new best 60', ET, and MPH. Over the season, I picked up nearly 3 mph, and knocked .47 off the ET.
Yes, You've made a lot of progress with it this year with what time you've had to work with it. I expect it'll do better next year.

Get a couple of those bugs out of it and try again in the spring.

Good job!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts