TCCoA Forums banner

461 - 480 of 701 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Forget the ball and socket setup I just welded 3 bolt flanges into my exhaust. I can get them made locally in steel or stainless if the demand is high enough I will get some cut. I did mine with one side 3/8 thick and the other 1/8th
Alan

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Forget the ball and socket setup I just welded 3 bolt flanges into my exhaust. I can get them made locally in steel or stainless if the demand is high enough I will get some cut. I did mine with one side 3/8 thick and the other 1/8th
Alan
Pics?

·
Registered
232 Posts
does anyone have pics with an SC rear bumper? mine is almost installed and i'm nervious about having to hack into the bumper itself to put the tips on??

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I can't upload pics here anymore and photbucket makes me angry. Are you on facebook?
Alan
Nah no fb here. It's cool though, I'll work with the ball socket joints it came with. How bad could it be?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I can't upload pics here anymore and photbucket makes me angry. Are you on facebook?
Alan

Ill upload them for me if you wanna email them to me

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Shoot me your email. Basically I just had some header style flanges cut, bored them to fit tight over the pipe. Cut the pipe and weld them on. I just use the exhaust gasket maker instead of gaskets but you can buy the dead soft aluminum gaskets too.
Alan

·
Registered
80 Posts
You could also run V-clamps... Like DLF did...

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Is the tubing kit all I need except for muffler(s), cats, and tips?
For a 1997, I think they have a version WITH the cats - and you can get it with a resonator, so you may be able to get by with just straight pipes for the rear mufflers.

Or maybe not - depends on how you feel, and how you think it sounds.

*turns volume up on radio*

THEN AGAIN, IT ALSO DEPENDS ON HOW LOUD YOU LIKE IT!!

RwP

·
Registered
966 Posts
I wanna go with a dynomax ultra flo x muffler and just have some high flow cats and some tips and call it good. But I've also been thinking about going with a couple 1 chambers and tips on the kit they sell.

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
If you get just the tubing kit, you'll need to weld in cats and your choice of X or DI/DO muffler, and mufflers/straight pipe(s).

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
Yes. You would need to weld the hangers on where you want them though.

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
Ball and socket.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand this..

Is the tubing kit the "back half" of the system and you need to buy the x pipe kit or get one custom made to connect to the tubing kit?

461 - 480 of 701 Posts