TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 701 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
As much interest as there is in this I wonder if a group purchase might be possible. Anyone have negotiating skills and the ability to get Bill to sanction a GP?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would be up for a GP on this..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I already ordered a full kit from them, but I will talk to them tomorrow and see what kind of discounts they will offer you guys for a group purchase.
Just be aware that it has to be cleared with an official of TCCoA before it can go anywhere. There was a similar situation last year that turned into a big stink because a member tried to setup a GP without TCCoA's consent.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just be aware that it has to be cleared with an official of TCCoA before it can go anywhere. There was a similar situation last year that turned into a big stink because a member tried to setup a GP without TCCoA's consent.
:rolleyes: Not that I'm going to coordinate a group purchase, but if I wanted to do it, I hardly think I need to ask anyones permission. Anyway I've already got mine ordered, so I get nothing out of this. I'll ask them what they have to offer and pass that info on to you guys. Then one of you can take it from there...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
:rolleyes: Not that I'm going to coordinate a group purchase, but if I wanted to do it, I hardly think I need to ask anyones permission. Anyway I've already got mine ordered, so I get nothing out of this. I'll ask them what they have to offer and pass that info on to you guys. Then one of you can take it from there...
That's cool. I just didn't want the "powers that be" to see this and think we were going behind their backs again. It has to start somewhere.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I gave them the link to this thread. THey are going to check it out and see about what they can possibly do if you guys want to put together a group buy. I'm not sure if he's going to post here or just contact someone in this thread... Josh is a pretty nice guy so I'm sure you will be able to work something out, but if not just email him at [email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Folks,

I'm blind or there is no X-Pipe with cats and the Mufflers for the 5.0 HO? As it's writing "sold separate". Would be an interesting complete exhaust system.

Cheers
Elvis

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hi Folks,

I'm blind or there is no X-Pipe with cats and the Mufflers for the 5.0 HO? As it's writing "sold separate". Would be an interesting complete exhaust system.

Cheers
Elvis
You are correct. The two part numbers consist of pieces that bolt to 4.6 manifolds, include cats and an x-pipe and end at (but don't include) the mufflers. I think it is better that mufflers are not included because not everyone is going to want the same muffler.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You are correct. The two part numbers consist of pieces that bolt to 4.6 manifolds, include cats and an x-pipe and end at (but don't include) the mufflers. I think it is better that mufflers are not included because not everyone is going to want the same muffler.
They can also get you pretty much whatever muffler you want, and they will pricematch. I bought the Magnaflow XL's from them and they matched the competitive Ebay prices I found.

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Nothing since 9 this morning (Post #53).

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm curious to know if the kits come with the ball/socket flanges already on the pipe. I also don't see why they can't weld on the hangers in the appropriate locations. I am fairly sure mine was welded back when I bought the kit from Trubendz....made it simple to install in the garage.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I can't use the X pipe and they won't sell the cats/downpipes separate due them being bent together.

The reason I can't run the X pipe is because the wonderful state of Misery has safety inspections. Even though catalytic converters are not safety items and Jackson county does not even do emissions test all the OEM exhaust has to be exactly as it left the factory to pass inspection.:mad:

41 - 60 of 701 Posts