TCCoA Forums banner

101 - 120 of 701 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
sik97bird sent me this picture of his back half last night.

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
would any of you who are getting these be willing to trace the pipes out on some paper? id like to save a lot of hassle and cant afford these at the moment, so a nice template would really help me out come spring time.

-John

·
Registered
277 Posts
is there any type of sealant or coating i can put on the piping if i were to order the aluminzed to help better protect it from the elements. for me the stainless isnt really worth it for this car, its just my daily and dont need anything too special.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
gas tank

I have a 1991 Ford Thunderbird Sport..What year of gas tank would this exhaust best be suited for..As far as the Thunderbirds,Cougars,and Mark VII's go?.. ;-)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I have a 1991 Ford Thunderbird Sport..What year of gas tank would this exhaust best be suited for..As far as the Thunderbirds,Cougars,and Mark VII's go?.. ;-)
I guess like the title says
92-97 THUNDERBIRD EXHAUST TUBING KIT

·
̇
3,702 Posts
gas tank..

Let me be more specific...What's the smallest factory tank that was available on the Thunderbird,Cougar,Mark VII's?..That perhaps would suit this set-up better..

Thanks... ;-)

Rayo..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Let me be more specific...What's the smallest factory tank that was available on the Thunderbird,Cougar,Mark VII's?..That perhaps would suit this set-up better..

Thanks... ;-)

Rayo..
The size isn't the issue, it's the channel that the exhaust tubes are routed through. The 92-97 was more of a straight shot through the channel in the middle of the tank, where the 89-91 cars basically routed the exhaust around the tank.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Thanks Jason..In that case i know of a 92 Thunderbird v6 nearby a guy is parting out..maybe i can use the tank off that..

Rayo..

·
Registered
799 Posts
hey jason u jus gonna weld yours up? i havent installed mine yet cant make up my mind if i should go ahead and weld it or buy some ball and socket connectors then install it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
thats cool, i was gonna add the ball and socket after the x pipe and before the rear and after.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Ron are you putting on your kit yourself or is your guy down in the carolinas doing it? I don't trust the wahoos up here on my bird. I remenber you posting about a good shop across the border in SC thats does good work. If so i will make a point to get mine there as well.
Thank you Bud

101 - 120 of 701 Posts