TCCoA Forums banner

161 - 180 of 701 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
Cool. Thanks Jason. I look forward to meeting them in person and seeing the shop.

·
Registered
917 Posts
you guys do realize that the ebay ad says the x pipe does not connect

·
Registered
53 Posts
Average install time is 1-2 hours. We designed our x-pipes to achieve balanced scavenging for maximum horsepower. The sections at the "X" do connect to each other. Horsepower gains vary depending on the level of modification you already have with your vehicle. Average gains are usually 10-15 HP increase. The sound of our x-pipe is low and deep, without rasp.

·
Registered
799 Posts
gonna start on mine this week..

·
Registered
236 Posts
you guys do realize that the ebay ad says the x pipe does not connect
They DO connect, although I thought the opening between the 2 pipes would be a little larger than it is.

On a side note, I heard back from them today on the problems with my install. They said they havent' heard back from anyone else on any problems. So hopefully it was an isolated incident and you guys wont have the issues I had.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Remember, I still have my old setup which is direct bolt on for a DOHC motor.

It has the Borla XR-1 mufflers which are located directly under the driver and passenger seats. It's loud.. and very unique. I'm located in MD though..

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
Update

After having sent an email to Mandrel Exhaust Systems regarding Jason's clearance issues and requesting that my system be corrected if it hadn't shipped yet I received the following reply today.

Mandrel Exhaust Systems said:
Ron,

Your order has shipped. There were actually many orders that shipped in the
month of February and so far the person that had these problems was the only
comment we had heard of.

I understand your position and concern. Unfortunately this seems like an
isolated case, but there are still several systems in transit such as yours
so we are unable to make certain a similar case will not happen.

Please understand we do stand behind our products and are willing to
exchange any parts needed that may not fit properly during installation. The
person listed below did have access to a saw and welder, which solved the
problem... but I understand not all our customers will have this option.

Please keep us updated.

Josh
I have some free time this afternoon and will try to get by their shop before 5 to meet them.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
This has my curiosity up :confused: :) Here is my mine laying about the same as Jason's looks like the O2 Holes are in toward the inside. But for me not mounted up to the exhaust it is hard to tell

·
Registered
236 Posts
Darren, yours are laying on the wrong sides (in relation to how they would be in the car). In your Bottom picture, the one on the LEFT that you have written the letter "B" on is the passenger side. It definitely looks like that O2 bung is in the same place it was on mine.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
yep thanks Jason :) That is what I was thinking that I will have the same issues as you.:( But it will be better with true duels on it and will make my SuperTurbo ( A bit quiet ) sound better also installing my ported manifolds as well :)

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
Darren and Ron- thank you for having the decency to respond to my requests, it is appreciated and will not go forgotten. i know it was asking a lot for you to take 5 minutes to trace something. i hope your installs go as smoothly as jasonLmarsh's did. haha. i always enjoyed a challenge anyway. thanks guys.

-John

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
thunderchecken or trunkmonkey, can you help out a fellow mid Atlantic guy? if i send you some eversized paper would you mind making a tracing of each individual piece? that would really help me out in a couple months. let me know if you can help. thanks.

-John

Darren and Ron- thank you for having the decency to respond to my requests, it is appreciated and will not go forgotten. i know it was asking a lot for you to take 5 minutes to trace something. i hope your installs go as smoothly as jasonLmarsh's did. haha. i always enjoyed a challenge anyway. thanks guys.

-John
Oh, I plan on having to make the same fixes that Jason did. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner than 6 days (A relativeley short period of time IMO). You did say you didn't need the sketch/trace for a few months.

My system didn't even arrive at the house in Charlotte until just yesterday and I'll be in Miami until at least the 20th; so you'll have to excuse me if I don't get right on this for you.

I would be happy to trace my pipes for you but I won't be free to do it until probably some time in late May; may be sooner but my work schedule is pretty hectic until then.

I was also curious why you can't afford to at least cough up the $120 for the back half? Let me guess. You're going to build it yourself for $10 or less.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
First of all, I don’t appreciate your snide, sarcastic tone when you are asking a favor of me. As you really don’t know me, you do not know my schedule. As much as I enjoy tinkering on my thunderbird, it does not occupy all my time. I have other obligations, both personal and professional.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
dayuum

First of all, I don’t appreciate your snide, sarcastic tone when you are asking a favor of me. As you really don’t know me, you do not know my schedule. As much as I enjoy tinkering on my thunderbird, it does not occupy all my time. I have other obligations, both personal and professional.
dayuum

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I hope you guys have better luck durring the install than Jason did, for the price I would expect those issues to be corrected.

161 - 180 of 701 Posts