TCCoA Forums banner

Trubendz: FKA Mandrel Exhaust Systems

194K views 774 replies 124 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#42 ·
As much interest as there is in this I wonder if a group purchase might be possible. Anyone have negotiating skills and the ability to get Bill to sanction a GP?

#49 ·
Just be aware that it has to be cleared with an official of TCCoA before it can go anywhere. There was a similar situation last year that turned into a big stink because a member tried to setup a GP without TCCoA's consent.

#52 ·
I gave them the link to this thread. THey are going to check it out and see about what they can possibly do if you guys want to put together a group buy. I'm not sure if he's going to post here or just contact someone in this thread... Josh is a pretty nice guy so I'm sure you will be able to work something out, but if not just email him at info@mandrelexhaustsystems.com

#54 ·
You are correct. The two part numbers consist of pieces that bolt to 4.6 manifolds, include cats and an x-pipe and end at (but don't include) the mufflers. I think it is better that mufflers are not included because not everyone is going to want the same muffler.

#59 ·
I'm curious to know if the kits come with the ball/socket flanges already on the pipe. I also don't see why they can't weld on the hangers in the appropriate locations. I am fairly sure mine was welded back when I bought the kit from Trubendz....made it simple to install in the garage.

#60 ·
I can't use the X pipe and they won't sell the cats/downpipes separate due them being bent together.

The reason I can't run the X pipe is because the wonderful state of Misery has safety inspections. Even though catalytic converters are not safety items and Jackson county does not even do emissions test all the OEM exhaust has to be exactly as it left the factory to pass inspection.:mad:

#67 ·
Well folks, I'm starting to have my doubts.... You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true.

• 2/3/09: I was told they didn't stock the mufflers I wanted but they could get them in about a week. No problem, placed my order online
  • 2/5/09: No confirmation my order was actually received, and tried calling them for a couple days, only getting their machine, so I emailed asking for a status
  • 2/6/09: Got a reply, apology for the delay, they are swamped, order is in process and should ship within a couple days and they would email me a tracking #
  • 2/17/09: Still cannot get anyone on the phone, just the machine, I Email them asking for a status
  • 2/18/09: No reply yet, cant get them on the phone. They haven't charged my card yet, so who knows what's up...

#69 · (Edited)
Sounds like pretty crappy customer service to me. However, it is when they charge your card, don't send anything and you can't get ahold of them that you should panic.
If you get in touch with them be sure to mention that there are several potential buyers depending on how you are treated. I, for one, will be keeping my eye on this thread.

#70 · (Edited)
Guys FYI Emailed the guy last night about the service . got this email this AM

The is no trouble getting the orders filled… although, we are running a bit slow this month. This is the first month we listed this item(s) with the price this low and sales have been increasing high. As a result, average turn time is running about 1 week. Also, some people have been requesting to also add mufflers to their orders… the mufflers they have been selecting are units we normally don’t stock, which also adds to their delay.

Feel free to place an order at any time. Let me know if I can help with any other questions.

Josh

Mandrel Exhaust Systems

#76 ·
They just replied to me finally. Lots of apologies, they were apparently completely swamped with orders and questions by the TCCoA members and asked that I let you guys know that although they are running behind, they will definitely get all of the orders filled. Apparently they just got the mufflers I ordered and will be shipping my system out on Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.