TCCoA Forums banner

Trubendz: FKA Mandrel Exhaust Systems

194K views 774 replies 124 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#262 ·
#261 ·
I haven't taken the time to read the entire thread....but. This setup looks just like my ART/Speed Freak dual exhaust system. As we all know that went under many years ago. I wonder if this company bought the jig from them?

Chris

#263 ·
Alright it's almost been a month. Have all of you sent in your issues about the Setup? I'll probably buy this in the Stainless Setup. Which is the best way to do this? Just pay the 700 dollars from their site? Let me know as I'll be ordering mine probably the end of next month.

#264 ·
Anything new to discuss on these systems? What types of mufflers are people using? Installation successes and nightmares?

My flowmaster system has developed a rusty leak at the intermediate pipe to Y-pipe joint, so I'm trying to decide how to approach the repairs. Dynomax's catback price has gone up (I had that on mine for 5 years, originally), and I've never been that happy with the flowmaster system.

#265 ·
I got some Borla Pro XS mufflers for mine; Offset in/Center out. None of this stuff is on the car yet but I'm getting closer. I hope to have my swap done by the end of the month complete with the new exhaust system. I'll post lots of pictures and video then.

#266 ·
I'm going to buy the front section I think. Then just have my existing Dual Exhaust bolted up to the front system. Who knows. I can't weld so I don't know how much it's going to cost to have an exhaust shop turn the cat and bung. But hell it's worth a try. The system is pretty cheap.

#267 ·
I've dry fit the 2.5's; beautiful fit! I'm waiting on my new X pipe, muffs and tips (later this week). I'll put up some pics of the process as well as a sound clip if anyone is interested. The system is the Carsound cat and pipes with the 3rd cat removed, Summit 2.5" X Pipe, these 2.5 pipes and either chambered or strait through muffs (I'll try both and keep the pair I like better).

#274 ·
Well I emailed them and got a response a couple days ago about my system. They said they have had some complaints about their Tbird/Cougar exhaust with the fitment. He said they have started using slightly smaller cats for the clearance issue and moved the bung for no interference. So we'll see how it goes. If not I may see if I can fit my wideband in the old one and add new one for the stock O2 sensor. But yeah we'll see when I get home in Sept and install this stuff.

#279 ·
Well I emailed them and got a response a couple days ago about my system. They said they have had some complaints about their Tbird/Cougar exhaust with the fitment. He said they have started using slightly smaller cats for the clearance issue and moved the bung for no interference. So we'll see how it goes. If not I may see if I can fit my wideband in the old one and add new one for the stock O2 sensor. But yeah we'll see when I get home in Sept and install this stuff.
Wtf, they do that but they don't offer a catless front half :tongue:

#277 ·
Ok. Thanks Darren. I'm glad Robert had a chance to look at how yours is done. Issues are only problems that are yet to have a solution. I'm sure we can work out whatever the problem is one way or another.

Great pictures of your install. Thanks for sharing.

#280 ·
LOL Yea, maybe he forgot. :zdunno:

I knew that whoever does the exhaust install was going to have to rework some things to flow with the headers. Robert said he knew a guy in the Carthage area that said he would be willing to install my exhaust system. If Robert's comfortable with this guy working on my car, then I am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.