TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put in a 2001 mustang tranny. I swapped the MLPS and another sensor ( I believe it is the OSS) on the tranny that didn't have the right connector and I also re-pinned the harness.

Came up with the following codes:

P1270
P0755
P0750
P0743
P0712

Also the shifter will not move all the way into 1st.

I'm thinking it could be the pinning of the harness, but I'm pretty sure it was correct.

I checked all the connections and they are in tight.

Not sure how to check this out...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, when trying to drive I can barely get the car to move. I went around the block with it floored and it wouldn't rev at all. Got it to about 5mph and it seemed like that is all the power the motor had. Could this be tied to the transmission problems?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I re-pinned the harness tonight, completely opposite of what I found on the web. Now it shifts and runs better. It shifts very firm 1-2 and 2-3, but when cruising at about 55 (didn't replace the vss gear yet so I don't know what speed that really is) when I let off the gas to cruise if feels like it goes into O/D and then after a few seconds I hear the RPMs pick up. It will keep doing this as long as I'm barley on the gas. I will say the car is running like crap, missing and doesn't like to be floored as it bogs.

I'm wondering if the vss not being changed is the problem now. Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts