TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have (or can you take) a picture of how your MAP sensor is hooked up on your car? My car is throwing a code for the MAP and I want to make sure I have it hooked up correctly before I buy one/ $85 bux from Ford!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't have a picture, but you should be able to get one from a Parts store for somewhere around $40-$50.

Thomas

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEA

YES! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Where does that vaccum tube connect at the engine? Mine was completely dissconnected, and I don't know what hose to hook it to.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I don't have a pic of the connection of the vacuum. It would stand to reason that the line would connect in the area of the intake, somewhere close to the throttlebody since it measures intake vacuum. Sorry I can't help more.
Check with one of the guys here who have a MAP, or bird from 89-90.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This question always crops up from time to time. Even though the manual sometimes says you have a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor, all SCs are equipped with a BAP (Barometric Absolute Pressure sensor.

A vacuum line is never hooked to a BAP sensor because it is looking at atmospheric pressure and not manifold pressure. Most BAP sensors even have a plastic piece (with a hole in the end of it) over the nipple on the sensor to help prevent someone from putting a vacuum line on it!

So the short answer is that yours does not have a vacuum line on it, only the electrical connections.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx

Thanx George, I appreciate the input. I thought the same thing, but I wasn't sure. Looks like its a bad sensor then. Bummer, guess I have to spend the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts