TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this might be a stupid question to ask but i gotta know does anyone what a map sensor is and what it does plus can you make little mod's to it (like clean it or turn it upside down .......something like that)?:2huh:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
The MAP is used on 90 and earlier. A BAP is also alternately used in some models/engines. What year/model/engine do you have? Sounds like you are referring to a MAF.

Look here for MAP.

There are many references in the forums to cleaning the MAF and a tech article for flipping the MAF. Use the Search button at the top of this page to search on any topic.

Caio.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 1990 fox limited edition with the 3.8 n/a engine from what i've been told on my car that it has a bap sensor too.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
cougar 3.8 said:
i have a 1990 fox limited edition with the 3.8 n/a engine from what i've been told on my car that it has a bap sensor too.
Off topic, so you don't have to repeat the info on your engine, edit your profile in Usercp above and it will show up under your nic to the left.
<========
;)

Do you have the MAP as pictured in the thread? Needless to say, since you apparently don't have a MAF, the MAF cleaning and flipping don't apply. The MAP (Manifold Atmospheric Pressure) sensor is part of your vacuum system and helps the EEC adjust EGR flow.

The BAP applies to supercharged.

I know little or nothing of maintenance or cleaning of the BAP and MAP, so can't help you on that. :zdunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts