TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any map programs that i can draw lines on major routes and it calculates time and distance? i'm tired of mapquest/yahoo/google that you have to put in a location at both ends and THEY pick the best route. i would like to plot the different routes myself and see the time/mileage differences.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ya.. but they like $80 or so

DeLorme can come with a GPS module for a laptop and lets you draw routable roads and shyte

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
jamesD said:
ya.. but they like $80 or so

DeLorme can come with a GPS module for a laptop and lets you draw routable roads and shyte
They're cheaper than that. I have a version of DeLorme Street Atlas that's a couple years old; I think I paid $30 for it back when it was new. On Amazon, the 2005 version is $15, 2006 is $30, and the 2007 version is $40.

This software will pick the route like Google and Mapquest. But, it allows you to add in waypoints to force it to the route you want. I've found it very easy to use. It also has a lot of useful information like gas stations and hotels and post offices and lots of other stuff around whatever point you pick. It's pretty powerful.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the $80 includes the GPS module

1 - 5 of 5 Posts