TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
4.6 dohc vs 4.6 sohc, 2 extra cams, 16 extra valves, etc...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah its a dual overhead, about 100 horse more in the marauder, higher power range, also, only in the marauder the intake is different, its on the opposite side i believe...
ill have to go outside and check my dads :p

...that puppy outruns my bird without breaking a sweat, its got a little tune in it with 410s and it runs a 13.9...

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
Not to mention a different [higher stall/smaller] torque converter...

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
The Marauder motor is pretty much a 32V 4.6L Mustang Mach 1 motor with 5.4L DOHC Lincoln Navigator camshafts. Yes, the throttle body faces the driver's side. My dad also has one. For it's size, that car can move.

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
Yes, I was only mentioning it as a response to TTH's post that his dad's runs a 13.9. I'd say the TC is a pretty big contributor to that time.

Anyway, I rest my case.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The Marauder motor is pretty much a 32V 4.6L Mustang Mach 1 motor with 5.4L DOHC Lincoln Navigator camshafts. Yes, the throttle body faces the driver's side. My dad also has one. For it's size, that car can move.

All the stock 4.6 and Navi 4V exhaust cams are the same spec, the 96-01 Cobra got bigger intake cams is the only difference.

The lower intake of the Marauder is the same as the Mach, just the lid is different. So basically its a Mach motor with the TB pointing the other side.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Really man? a new thread for a simple question like this? Come on now you've been here since 2003..

Maybe we can take this a little farther.. get some info out of these old guys (*cough* I mean older)

The DOHC is a lot more expensive to mod.. I would say from what I've read that if your looking for ~300hp then the 2v is the way to go. Anymore and the 4v is the way to go. The 4v loves boost actually I'm not sure if I've ever seen an N/A 4v make much more over 300 RWHP, I think for the fact that its almost cheaper to buy a supercharger than to build the heads, cams, internals, etc. I mean your looking at 1200 bucks just for upgrading the cams.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
The 4v loves boost actually I'm not sure if I've ever seen an N/A 4v make much more over 300 RWHP,
The 2000 Cobra R made 390 HP N/A with a 5.4L DOHC.

All the stock 4.6 and Navi 4V exhaust cams are the same spec, the 96-01 Cobra got bigger intake cams is the only difference.
Ah, I learn something new every day. lol I was told by someone that the 5.4 camshafts were used to account for the heavier weight of the Marauder.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My dad also has one. For it's size, that car can move.
Actually, while my dads marauder is a few feet bigger than my bird, its about 100 pounds lighter... i have a 97, shes a fatty. The marauder only weighs like 4600. I mean yeah thats not a race car weight, but my bird hit the scale around 4700..

Yeah to be honest it ran the 13.9 once, nice road, shes never been to a track.. We timed it down the road a few weeks back, 14.1. Its about 330 horse with a diablo chip as well, should probably mention that.

One things i wish my bird had, besides that DOHC, is the ride the marauder has. Although 3 days ago we had to fix the air ride, here's another interesting fact about the marauder, when you use a non-stock air ride switch in the trunk, for the air ride suspension, you have to mount it inverted or it wont work... Never found out why, as i think the marauder is the only one that is this way..

But for the week that the air ride was down the rear axle was locked all the way up, its ride still was as smooth as the birds. Which compared to my sisters sebring is incredible :)

Maybe we can take this a little farther.. get some info out of these old guys (*cough* I mean older)
I might not have been too helpful, but im 18, id hate to think thats old :p

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Actually, while my dads marauder is a few feet bigger than my bird, its about 100 pounds lighter... i have a 97, shes a fatty. The marauder only weighs like 4600. I mean yeah thats not a race car weight, but my bird hit the scale around 4700..

Yeah to be honest it ran the 13.9 once, nice road, shes never been to a track.. We timed it down the road a few weeks back, 14.1. Its about 330 horse with a diablo chip as well, should probably mention that.

One things i wish my bird had, besides that DOHC, is the ride the marauder has. Although 3 days ago we had to fix the air ride, here's another interesting fact about the marauder, when you use a non-stock air ride switch in the trunk, for the air ride suspension, you have to mount it inverted or it wont work... Never found out why, as i think the marauder is the only one that is this way..

But for the week that the air ride was down the rear axle was locked all the way up, its ride still was as smooth as the birds. Which compared to my sisters sebring is incredible :)
a stock 97 does not weigh 4,700 lbs, unless you have sand bags all over the place, lol

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
The 2000 Cobra R made 390 HP N/A with a 5.4L DOHC.

Ah, I learn something new every day. lol I was told by someone that the 5.4 camshafts were used to account for the heavier weight of the Marauder.

Thats right I always think the Cobra R is a 2v for some reason. But still that is right around 330 RWHP. I guess with bolt-ons it could come up a little.

TearTheHorizon: ha no I was referring to some of the guys that have been around these modulars forever like kdanner, JL, Alan, GM, etc (the mods in general on here). they wont say much unless you give bad tech ( i.e. the post above mine lol) or say something stupid :rolleyes:. kdanner might post if i say something like the 2v 5.4L motor is far superior to any other motor... :D

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I believe those ratings are with the car fully loaded down -I think its called the gross vehicle weight. the stock curb weight for these cars are more like 3800, with gas, a driver, and the other little things in your car maybe upwards of 4000.

·
Registered
60 Posts
it may be, i don't know, but i would hate to have such a slow car that weighs 700 less than i thought it did /: i mean alright high 15's aren't that slow, but besides my dads work van, and my sisters sebring im the slowest car at my house :| all be it, its dads marauder, his 83 5.0 mustang, and his 440 swapped 71 duster that are faster :p soon his mark will be added to the list though, as soon as it works.

In all honesty, i really think the marauder should have gotten the 4v 5.4.. too bad the idea came out of a guy that worked Romeo's 4.6 4v niche line lol, guy gave himself more business, cant blame him :p

edit: sorry ran, not worked, the niche line..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts