TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the exact stall on the marauder torque converter?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I haven't heard, and it wil be different behind a SOHC than the DOHC in the marauder.

I am GUESSING 2400rpms. compare to the stock 1800rpms, that a very nice improvement for $100 (I assume dennis' ad brought this question on).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Receiving one at my door ;) ;) ;) brought on the question. Yeah a really good investment.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
weswing04 said:
he said its a little higher than the mark8 TC..so maybe 2600?
that'd be my guess. the mark8tc stalls at 2400. DR said the marauder tc stalls higher. So I'd guess 2600 too.
-Thomas

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
From Ford's Sevice/specs DVD,here's what you want...
4.6L Marauder:
Minumum stall speed=2,555 rpms
Maximum stall speed=3,011 rpms

JL

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
From Ford's Sevice/specs DVD,here's what you want...
4.6L Marauder:

JL
:bowdown: :king:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i kno what ford factory TC im buying

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
oo.....btw JL what does the ford spec dvd list as the mark 8/GT tc stall

·
3,232 Posts
JoeyICU said:
oo.....btw JL what does the ford spec dvd list as the mark 8/GT tc stall
minimum=2324 rpms
maximum=2737 rpms

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
and outa curiosity......did you just buy a ford service cd or something?...my school has mitchel and i dont think they have info like that at all

·
3,232 Posts
JoeyICU said:
and outa curiosity......did you just buy a ford service cd or something?...my school has mitchel and i dont think they have info like that at all
No I didn't buy it..I have friends that have access to the DVD's and other service information,along with the technical manuals that the dealership service departmants use.
JL

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
anyone have a part number for the marauder tc?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
4.6L Marauder:

Mark VIII
minimum=2324 rpms
maximum=2737 rpms

Could a stock SOHC expect those same minumum stall speeds?
Then the more horsepower/torque added to that same SOHC, via mods, the stall speed would increase up to the maximum stall speeds?

·
3,232 Posts
JR Tigerstar said:
4.6L Marauder:

Mark VIII
minimum=2324 rpms
maximum=2737 rpms

Could a stock SOHC expect those same minumum stall speeds?
Then the more horsepower/torque added to that same SOHC, via mods, the stall speed would increase up to the maximum stall speeds?
Ford test t/c's with an input tq of 294 ft-lbs.The minimum to maximum differences are simply manufaturing tolerences.Adding more tq to the t/c will make it stall higher.
JL

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
so a stock vehicle would expect a stall between 2600-3000 rpms fromt he maurder TC...am i reading that right?

·
Registered
529 Posts
so would there really be enough improvement to warrant swapping my Mrk 8 TC for a marauder one??

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Greenbird, you state in your post that its a good improvement for $100. Is that over the cost of the Mark VIII? Which post for Dennis are you talking about. I looked but I cant find...thanx

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
ASSASYN said:
so would there really be enough improvement to warrant swapping my Mrk 8 TC for a marauder one??
Good question, I'd like to know the same. I have a Mark VIII convertor sitting in my garage waiting for me to have time to install it. Should I just stick with the Mark VIII convertor since I already have it or is it worth it to upgrade since its not even in the car yet? Also, I think I read it on another thread, but to be sure, will a Mark VIII flexplate work for the Marauder convertor?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
1 - 20 of 98 Posts