TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has purchased a Marauder?? How much did you pay?? The t-bird will be paid for in June and I'm thinking of getting one. I found one fully loaded for 27000.00. I'd like to know what others have paid to see if this is a good deal.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
sa t-bird said:
Who has purchased a Marauder?? How much did you pay?? The t-bird will be paid for in June and I'm thinking of getting one. I found one fully loaded for 27000.00. I'd like to know what others have paid to see if this is a good deal.
27 Grand sounds like a great deal bro. If I remember correctly they were going for around 35K when they first came out... but then again they planned on dropping the price because of low sales, how much I can't tell you though. I'd scoop one up soon though... I guess they aren't going to make them anymore.

hope that helps,
-Steve :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
i just read yesterday in one of the forums that a new 2002 was just sold from a dealership for 22000 because they wanted to get rid of it but i think they said it was supposed to be 29000 or something like that

hope that helped

Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! It was priced at 33000.00 but they had 6000.00 in rebates to bring it down . I checked the price online so i think I'm going in tonight to check one out. I wanated the silver but all they have is black:bawling:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Silver and blue are new colors for this year. Mercury's idea of an enticement to buy... they added a sunroof for the first time ever in a Grand Marquis too. Not enought ot get me to go for it yet, I'm waiting for the sc'd 'vert. ;)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
doodaa said:
Silver and blue are new colors for this year. Mercury's idea of an enticement to buy... they added a sunroof for the first time ever in a Grand Marquis too. Not enought ot get me to go for it yet, I'm waiting for the sc'd 'vert. ;)
I dunno if they are even going to make the SC'd version anymore. Last I heard, they were going to stop production after this year or next year (one of the two) but that could change I guess if sales started to pick up.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
SC_Steve said:

I dunno if they are even going to make the SC'd version anymore. Last I heard, they were going to stop production after this year or next year (one of the two) but that could change I guess if sales started to pick up.
I think I read the same thing somewhere... and the convertible was/is only a concept like the MN12 Cougar 'vert was. All I know is this is one sale they won't pick up with what they have at that price point. Circular argument, I won't buy till they build what I want, they won't build what I want till I buy... and as long as I have a 'Bird and a Mark VIII why take on a $600/month payment :shrug:

·
Registered
81 Posts
SC_Steve said:

Gotta go to Kenny Brown for the SC version. No way is Ford gonna build the 'vert or supercharge it now that they decided to cease production at the end of 2004. The KB version is my first choice if I ever run into some moolah.

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Well, my dad ordered one in March, first one on the list at Stu Evans Lincoln-Mercury here in Michigan. He got like the first or second one in the state, if not the country. He paid 32K for it, not bad, but that was with the X-plan or whatever Ford's thing is....the 27K sounds great. It's definately a sweet car. Rumors are that it's going down after 2004. They only made something like 3200 of them and sold 2800 approximately.

As for the convertible, nope, sorry. My dad makes the paint for these cars and all the ones you all are driving, so he knows the head guys at all the plants, and the word from St. Thomas is that the 'vert will never be seen, and the Marauder will be doomed after 2004. There are 2 supercharge companies out there: Kenny Brown and Trilogy. Word is that Trilogy is hard to contact though, so it's not a sure thing getting that kit. My dad is looking into both, as he is begging for more power!! Just letting you all know.

Anyways, yea, 27K is good. I could have just said that without all this above, but thats not my style, lol, peace....

-Kyle

·
Registered
325 Posts
They look like a really sweet car i thought about getting one myself. But i heard stock 0 - 60mph they are slower than the 2004 Honda Accord. Now thats upsetting but other than that they are so nice. Nothing a Supercharger cant fix :thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I hate to be the only pessemistic one here hehe, but come on guy, if I had 30 grand to throw around, it wouldn't be on a marauder =0. But hey, that's just my opinion and everyone's taste is different. For 30 g's, i want to go fast, really fast, like uber fast. My top 5 choices would be a. Buy a mn12 in decent condition, gut the driveline and engine. Drop in a pi 4.6, supercharge it, 6 speed it, 3.73 it, 18" cobra r's, xenon kit, quick. With tons of money to spare =) b. 350 z baby, foreign, but beautiful. c. wait for a wrx sti, call rice if you want, but 300hp out of a 4banger, stock car, is sexy. d. ls1 camaro e. mustang gt and supercharge it =)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'll ALWAYS have my Cougar, the purchase this fall of either a Marauder of Jag "S" type will be a daily driver - only.

Anyways - the cancelation of Marauder is only speculated by Motor Trend. If they knew or were sure, it would have said that it IS cancled, and not MAY be cancled.

From a sales point of view, Marauder doesn't sell well (less than 3k across USA and Canada?), but from a manufacturing standpoint, the Marauder is just a dolled up Grand Maraquis. Slap on a set of nice wheels, put in the 'in production anyway' Cobra motor, weld on some fancy exhaust tips - and voila, you have a Marauder. It's not a difficult car for Ford to make, and even at 27k - they are still making money on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts