TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I went to Auto Zone and "rented" the pulleys puller and a good tourque wrench($90 for the wrench).

went home and pulled off the fan and loosened the water pump.
On to the crank....no dice...couldn't get it to do anything but turn the crank. and nearly give me a hernia. after couple hours, lots of cussing, and 1 Bud light I quit put it all back on and said [email protected]% it

I have compressor at work and will get an air ratchet to do the job.

I didn't get around to checking the post from STINGER that would have told me you can't get the crap off without a compressor.........

so everyone, if you really want to get the job done in the <1 hour you better have a compressor.

Mike:mad:

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
You can get the bolt loose if you go under the car and remove the TC inspection plate and hold the flywheel like this.

It is much eaiser with air but I just wanted to show you it could be done without. You just need a piece of steel with two holes and twist it.

-Dr. F

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a suggestion, I don't know if this is possible with the Tbird due to crank rotation, place to rest the breaker bar, etc..

On my 95 SHO, to remove the crank bolt I used the starter to break it loose. You put a breaker bar on the bolt and rest the handle end against the subframe. Then, unplug the ignition module so the car won't start. Then put the key in the ignition and quickly bump the starter. The combination of the frame holding the breaker bar and the starter turning the engine will loosen the bolt.

Sounds like you'll have it taken care of with air but this may be an idea for anyone in the future.

Good luck!

Jack
02 Crown Vic Sport
95 SHO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts