TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car just recently went from a wonderfully smooth ride to obnoxious bouncing on any bumps. Since it's air ride, I thought maybe a sway bar or similar piece could be broken or unhooked. I've also noticed, and am unsure if it's related, that the driver side of the car sits about 4 inches lower than the passenger side when the car is off. While running its level.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is it still getting to normal ride height?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It airs up to ride height. And over inflated? Hmm. Anyone know the correct ride height? It does sit up high, but it always has.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I've also noticed, and am unsure if it's related, that the driver side of the car sits about 4 inches lower than the passenger side when the car is off. While running its level.

It sounds like you have a Leaking airbag. The problem with a leaking airbag is that it might appear to be "fine" and inflate while driving .. but every time you hit a bump, it compresses and forces air out of the "leaking area", usually where the rubber folds over itself. One air strut alone will not hold up the weight of the entire front end of the car. Check to see if the bags appear to be darker in color towards the bottom, this would indicate a Blown shock. If you do replace the air struts, be sure to replace them as a Pair.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
A bouncy ride is usually typical of a shock problem. The front shock is integral to the air bag and there were differences between Gen I and Gen II with the Gen II’s being stiffer but having lighter materials for less unsprung weight. (I vaguely remember reading that somewhere, I think).

I think you have multiple problems, but the solution will be the same: new airbags (or spring conversion).

I'm in a situation where my LSC is bouncy, but everything else works perfectly.... :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm considering a spring conversion, but I'm not sure I want to drop $500 into the car. :-/ Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts