TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused:
I just bought a 93 mark 8 for $300 it runs good and interior is in good shap, the exterior looks like crap, air ride is out and so is the brake boost and brakes. LOL I am gonna put the engine and interior in my 89 bird. :D

Any body have any good ideas on were to start and what problems im gonna run into.

What other parts would you recomend swaping over, im in no rush i wanna do the job right the first time around.

Any input on this will save me hours!

Thanks Jeremy

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Everything that you want to do has been done before, so I'm not saying it can't be done; but damn, you're looking at a huge undertaking. The interior swap is a LOT of work...you'll need to look at time in terms of months probably, not hours ;)

·
The Parts Guy
7,425 Posts
:zwthstpd:

If you want to learn about the engine/trans swap, do a search using my screenname, with keywords like 4.6L DOHC, etc. Trust me, swapping a 4.6L DOHC into a 89-93 MN12 isn't much fun.

Also, I did a writeup on swapping the 94-97 MN12 interior into a 89-93 MN12. I have a feeling that many of the things that I did will apply to the Mark 8 interior swap. The writeup is in the "work in progress" forum.

Good luck.

-Rod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts