TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when I put the 32v motor in my 97 I'm need to upgrade the fuel pump but this is my question, what year mark fuel pump should I buy?

I found a place selling an new Part number F3LY-9A407-B "Mark 1993-96 8 Cyl 4.6 L" will this works in my 97 fuel tank?

Also since I have you here will the true dual exhaust from a 1998 Mark 8 fit on my 97 after I swap the motor?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I am not mistaken are all Mark 8's open rear ends?

Also when talking about 97 Cougars Axle code W5 is a 3.27 open and XE is a 3.27 locking?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Can't answer you on the fuel pump, but the exhaust won't fit directly - you'll need to do a little cutting because the exhaust on the FN10 chassis is 5" longer than on the MN12 chassis. Also, yes, all Marks have open differentials from the factory. Can't help you on the last Q.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Best bet with the exhaust would be to have a custom setup. Keep it cheap by using 2.5" aluminized steel piping and buy a dual in / dual out muffler. They uually also have an X pipe built in and mid mount that sucker. I had the exact same setup from the front 2 cats back done for about 200 bucks, including the muffler, and it sounded mean =)

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
I also say build a custom exhaust. on my 97 I used the DI/DO magnaflow muffler with 2.25 openings. I also bought 2 magnaflow highflow cats from the same ebay seller. the cats were like 120 shipped, and muffler like 80 If I recall correctly. Then my exhaust guy piped the entire thing for 200 bucks. It looks and sounds great!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The gen 2 Mark guys usually use the Focus or GT pump depending on how much horsepower they think they'll make.

There are differences in the mn12performance article and my 96 marks pump configuration. I bought the Walbro 255 from Summit for my 96 Mark and it looks like it's going to drop right in - the harness connector even matched the new pump - I haven't fired it up yet so not 100% it's a no brainer. I do know that the Help! package (55811) that supposedly contains a new O ring and lock ring for Fords doesn't fit mine, measure the o ring before you buy a new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts